The right McCall, but an even bigger one awaits King in the summer

Nearly choked when I read the bit about Celtic playing "fast flowing high energy football". Not according to any Celtic fans I speak to or any games I have seen of them, which granted is only their European (mainly defeats) and the cup semi bore-fest against us.

I'd have to agree with this because I've spoken to a few Celtic fans this season who've said that they were absolutely crap/dire in certain games and were very worried before certain games.

To claim they were thinking outside the box in appointing Delia is also stretching the truth somewhat, and that is that he was the only one willing to take the massive pay cut in the salary offered compared to the previous bigot, and the fact his squad was going to be reduced in both quality and cost each season. Not exactly what I would call forward thinking and worthy of praise.

I actually view the Delia appointment differently because I think they played a blinder on that one. They got rid of a really nasty bigot in Lennon who was a PR disaster on several levels and replaced him with a Nordic coach at time when they've been cutting their cloth and trying to tap into the Nordic player market here and there. Was it 'thinking outside the box' so to speak? For them, yes, it probably was.

McCall is the new manager.

Apparently the board looked at Smith, Gough, Davies and McCall. Smith refused the offer and McCall grabbed it with both hands, which he was perfectly entitled to do.

Only if he is seriously awful will he be moved on in the summer, but if it happens, expect another Rangers-minded appointment.

I believe this board would have kept Ally McCoist on if he hadn't already walked away - and remember - he's still an employee.

In its first five minutes, the board has already demonstrated that it lacks vision and professionalism. Those who have given up on the club will not be tempted back by a board which has been found to be seriously wanting on such an important matter.

Apparently the board looked at Smith, Gough, Davies and McCall. Smith refused the offer and McCall grabbed it with both hands, which he was perfectly entitled to do.

Only if he is seriously awful will he be moved on in the summer, but if it happens, expect another Rangers-minded appointment.

I believe this board would have kept Ally McCoist on if he hadn't already walked away - and remember - he's still an employee.

In its first five minutes, the board has already demonstrated that it lacks vision and professionalism. Those who have given up on the club will not be tempted back by a board which has been found to be seriously wanting on such an important matter.

What a load of fabricated pish! :lol::lol:

"I believe this board would have kept Ally McCoist on if he hadn't already walked away - and remember - he's still an employee". - They would have kept him if he hadn't gone - but remember - he is still there - hes not gone. :lol::lol:

Quality stuff!

Edited by Anchorman

What a load of fabricated pish!

I don't think it's what you say it is, some embrace the new board some have already expressed doubts over their decisions so far.

Myself for example think the appointment of McCall was as good as we could get (and I think he'll do a job) whereas the appointment of CG was a massive own goal.

I don't think it's what you say it is, some embrace the new board some have already expressed doubts over their decisions so far.

Myself for example think the appointment of McCall was as good as we could get (and I think he'll do a job) whereas the appointment of CG was a massive own goal.

The 'factual' stuff he wrote about Smith and McCall etc is utter bollocks made up in his own head, but put across as someone in the know. It's bollocks mate - pure and simples.

What a load of fabricated pish! :lol::lol:

"I believe this board would have kept Ally McCoist on if he hadn't already walked away - and remember - he's still an employee". - They would have kept him if he hadn't gone - but remember - he is still there - hes not gone. :lol::lol:

Quality stuff!

Should we get into a slanging match or discuss the issue?

If I'm wrong, can you tell me what is right?

The 'factual' stuff he wrote about Smith and McCall etc is utter bollocks made up in his own head, but put across as someone in the know. It's bollocks mate - pure and simples.

I'll hold my hands up...I too thought Ally and Walter would return so far we have McCall, I want this guy to succeed so we won't need to 'turn back time'

Stu McCall has the notion he can take this job on, he's an ex-player picked by the board, so why not?

Should we get into a slanging match or discuss the issue?

If I'm wrong, can you tell me what is right?

I don't know what is right regards to McCall's length of tenure or Walter Smith being asked first because I don't have insider information. But what I do know is that you don't know either and you spouted a load of fabricated bollocks on both matters as if you did. You've also been banging the drum for months and months about how King and McCoist are kissing cousins and that as soon as King came in he would appoint McCoist. Your latest lot of utter drivel on that subject is again fabrication, just so that you can start the same crap all over again. Stick to facts and I will take you serious.

I don't know what is right regards to McCall's length of tenure or Walter Smith being asked first because I don't have insider information. But what I do know is that you don't know either and you spouted a load of fabricated bollocks on both matters as if you did. You've also been banging the drum for months and months about how King and McCoist are kissing cousins and that as soon as King came in he would appoint McCoist. Your latest lot of utter drivel on that subject is again fabrication, just so that you can start the same crap all over again. Stick to facts and I will take you serious.

You don't know what is right but you do know what is fabricated?