Shane Ferguson is closing in on his Rangers debut

NEWCASTLE United’s Shane Ferguson is closing in on his Rangers debut – a month and a half after joining the club on loan.

Ferguson was one of five players who were sent to Ibrox on loan deals early last month.

But only two of the quintet – Haris Vuckic and Remie Streete – have so far played for the Scottish Championship club, in which Newcastle owner Mike Ashley holds a stake.

Winger Ferguson is “almost ready” to head north of the border, according to United ahead coach John Carver.

“Young Fergie is almost ready,” said Carver.

“He’s two or three weeks away from going up to Rangers to continue his loan.”

Kevin Mbabu and Gael Bigirimana have also been sidelined by injuries.

2 or 3 weeks. That doesn't leave many games for him to prove himself.

Apart from Vuckic these loans have only been newspaper columns.

2 or 3 weeks away from returning to training?

I originally the loans were a good move in that it provided competition for places. Now I am beginning to wonder, given their lack of availability, if it was also a bit of a publicity stunt by Ashley to make it look as though he cared about the club and was willing to help. Trying to be positive I suppose it is possible that all five might be fit and available in time for the play-offs.

I originally the loans were a good move in that it provided competition for places. Now I am beginning to wonder, given their lack of availability, if it was also a bit of a publicity stunt by Ashley to make it look as though he cared about the club and was willing to help. Trying to be positive I suppose it is possible that all five might be fit and available in time for the play-offs.
looking more and more like a PR stunt. Why he didn't just send players who could actually play, who knows! Might become of benefit during play offs but hard to see any manager putting them in for their first games at such a critical point unless we were still struggling.

looking more and more like a PR stunt. Why he didn't just send players who could actually play, who knows! Might become of benefit during play offs but hard to see any manager putting them in for their first games at such a critical point unless we were still struggling.

This lot of players have so far lost 9-1 on aggregate against what would be our probable play-off opponents Hibs this season, I doubt any of us are hugely confident about us closing that gap next week.

Frankly I'd be happy to throw them in

This lot of players have so far lost 9-1 on aggregate against what would be our probable play-off opponents Hibs this season, I doubt any of us are hugely confident about us closing that gap next week.

Frankly I'd be happy to throw them in

not saying i disagree I just imagine Mccall will offer the squad a fresh start and judge them from there. He has already said if the team is winning and players are performing they will keep their positions

Now looks to me Newcastle are wanting rid off these players & using Rangers as their shop window to entice buyers.

It'll be like a shop window of an injured dogs' shelter if they dont get back to some fitness!