Scotland A Squad - McLeish antics again

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/6325969.stm

Aberdeen goalkeeper Jamie Langfield has been called into the Scotland squad for the get-together in Ayrshire next week.

New national manager Alex McLeish originally named a 30-man squad for his first opportunity to meet the players.

"This came right out of the blue but, if you are going to have a weekend off disrupted, there is no better reason," Langfield told Aberdeen's website.

He could also take part in Wednesday's B game with Finland since the keepers from both squads will train together.

Craig Gordon, Neil Alexander, Paul Gallacher and the uncapped Allan McGregor are the other goalkeepers included for the squad gathering.

Yeah McLeish! A 5th keeper is very important.

Can someone please tell me why having 5 goalkeepers in a squad is more important than 4 strikers.

This takes the biscuit!!

Fuck me give him a chance..... Christ OK it is a bit of a pi55 take, but he has to fit into the job... He has to see what is available... It will give the young lad a bit of experience, that is no bad thing.

Fuck me give him a chance..... Christ OK it is a bit of a pi55 take, but he has to fit into the job... He has to see what is available... It will give the young lad a bit of experience, that is no bad thing.

But there is no point in applying reason Wija...... especially when some people are actually looking for him to fail.

No chance of some giving AM the benefit of the doubt !

I agree with you though Wija - not a game played yet and already he is being dubbed the next Bertie Vogts - unreal !

But there is no point in applying reason Wija...... especially when some people are actually looking for him to fail.

I agree with you though Wija - not a game played yet and already he is being dubbed the next Bertie Vogts - unreal !

You have to apply reason when there is nothing proven.

He also won more trophies at Ibrox in his time than MON won at Porkheid.

This alone is reason to at least let him get some games under his belt.

And before you all start with the "won on the last day" stuff I would take that before losing it on the last day.

Who is looking for him to fail like Craig??? Im searching my post looking for where I said that!

And Im thouroughly searching my post looking for where I called him the next Berti Vogts???

Maybe you should read the post again before making aqusations. Im hoping he suceeds but he has baffled a lot of us with the 2 squad selections this week. He has a squad get together and calls up more keepers than strikers - logic springs to mind!!

Then puts better players in the B squad rather than the A squad.

I dont think its fair you assume what others are thinking, we are entitled to our opinion at any time despite if you disagree with it. I am 1 of quite a few who will be confused on this!

Who is looking for him to fail like Craig??? Im searching my post looking for where I said that!

And Im thouroughly searching my post looking for where I called him the next Berti Vogts???

Maybe you should read the post again before making aqusations. Im hoping he suceeds but he has baffled a lot of us with the 2 squad selections this week. He has a squad get together and calls up more keepers than strikers - logic springs to mind!!

Then puts better players in the B squad rather than the A squad.

I dont think its fair you assume what others are thinking, we are entitled to our opinion at any time despite if you disagree with it. I am 1 of quite a few who will be confused on this!

Forgot the pills again did we Gribzy?? ;)