I can't see this standing up legally. 5 players, no medical, only one plays.

Ashley can get to f.uck - he's not getting £500k if we get promoted.

If we can find a legal loophole great and hopefully we already have lawyers on the case.

If there is no way around it however we'll sadly have to pay it, you can't just not pay a debt because it's morally dubious.

Since it conception the new board has been firefighting incendiaries, left by the Ashley regime. all the new board seem do atm, is dampen the fires down and hope they don't ignite into one huge fireball that consumes everything in it's wake.

I think everyone knew the old regime were hell bent in causing as much damage as possible to the club, before they were forced out the doors. But the scale of the malicious damage seems to be worse than we could have imagined.

I know it's still early doors yet but, but the board need to dig a deep firebreak from the ashes of the old board, rather than just dampening down the embers, which every so often seem to fire up again. One of the first smoldering ash to deal with, is send those injured loan players back to Newcastle, along with their sick notes and an accompanying letter stating 'not fit for purpose'.

I don't think there is a court in the land that would agree that the contractual bonus, of £500k for promotion, should we achieve it, Is fair and balanced. Since only one of the loan players has featured in our season so far? I think a one fifth portion only of the £500k, for Vuckik would be anywhere near reasonable. If not tell Ashley and Newcastle we'll see them at the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

Newcastle Player Loans

During the January 2015 transfer window, the Club loaned five players from Newcastle United. As part of those contracts, should the Club gain promotion in season 2014/15, either directly or via the play-off method, the Club will be liable to pay a total of £500,000 to Newcastle United Football Company Limited.

As this liability is based on an uncertain future event, the Directors have not recognised this amount in these financial statements.

is this the sting in the tail FS was on about recently ?