Seems just about every deal we've done in the last few years has been detrimental to the club. What a low life Ashley is to be a billionaire and still be a total ****. Nothing to him but all these contracts will hinder us for years now. Well think that's probably my hopes of a couple of quality signings dashed. It's unbelievable what people seem to be able to get away with in business. The last time it was about 'normalising' the sports direct contracts. Fucking sickening.

If we can find a legal loophole great and hopefully we already have lawyers on the case.

If there is no way around it however we'll sadly have to pay it, you can't just not pay a debt because it's morally dubious.

You can have those that put it in place charged though and they can be responsible for it.

Seems more criminal/fraudulent

This could be a legal quagmire.

Bluedell quoted passages from the Companies Act in another thread and I think L & L could reasonably be expected to be charged under that legislation. With their convictions there are various legal arguments under Contract Law that could be used to argue for these contracts to be rescinded. There are also stand-alone arguments to have the contracts rescinded such as Newcastle Utd. 'misrepresenting the facts' before they made the contracts - Gael Bigirimana being diagnosed with an illness condition, Shane Ferguson having a long-term knee injury, Kevin Mbabu and Remi Street having other injuries - unless of course Rangers knew about these conditions hence we would come back to the dereliction of duty of L & L.

Supposing all of these cases were won legally then we would expect to be paying no more than £100,000 for Vuckic.

However, I don't think we shall see any court action, too time consuming and costly. Who would know that better than Dave King?

I remember from one of the many interviews King did before or after the EGM he remarked, when asked about the imbalance of the contract between SD and RR if he would, like Somers had suggested in the past, just rip up that contract and he replied with something to the effect that MA was a shareholder and controlled a business that could be quite useful to Rangers with it's world-wide distribution outlets, and hence MA was a person that he wished to speak to going forward. I think that these loan contracts will be dealt with through discussion rather than legally, initially at least.

We shall of course have to wait on the SFA completing its F & P tests on King first.

I think too, that it will be quite some time before Rangers are strong enough and stable enough to take any legal action on the conduct of previous board members, and others, who may have harmed us in the past. After all, they have to find out whose fingers are in what pies, and indeed how many pies there are.

Edited by barca72