Where were you on Helicopter Sunday?

Decorating a bedroom in the house. I checked both games on teletext after about 60 minutes and both us & the yahoos were winning 1-0. I thought that was it more or less and went back to the painting thinking they'd become champions & our result didnt matter.

However I decided to look at the results again half an hour later on teletext. Ours was still 1-0 and just at that very moment theirs changed to Motherwell 2 celt@c 1 with 'scorer to follow' . It was unbelievable. I ran downstairs and put on Radio Scotland which went straight to Easter Road and you could hardly hear a word being said due to the noise from the jubilant bears in the background.

I went out that night and had the most beautiful hangover ever the next day. The sheer look on the yahoos faces that day will stay with me forever. And the decorating had to wait til the following weekend to get finished....

Listening to the audio commentary of Rangers TV (yep, they did that back then) that day in the house, while my girlfriend was sunbathing outside. When I told her (during those 5 secs I left the house) that we might win the title due to the Motherwell score, she gave you one of those "Well, yes!" glances. When the game had finished and I was in hysterics, it changed to the most compassionate looks ever though.

Will check whether I can MP3 the RTV report from that MC.

I was out with ma old man that day. Was listening on the radio and caught the first half and as it was standing - it was going to Celtic! Ended up getting back to the car just as Motherwell scored their first and we went mental in the car - doing the bouncy as best we could!

We were in the Motherwell / Wishaw area and ended up taking a diversion past Cleland (if I recall?) to avoid any Fir Park traffic to get back to the M74. We got stopped at a set of traffic lights that was next to a pub. Then the second goal came and we were going mental! All of a sudden, came an outpouring of greeting Celtic fans from the pub who were punching walls and trying to be consoled by their hooped-horror partners and mates!

We just burst out laughing, gave them a toot-toot and drove off!

What a majestic day it was!