Dave King slams former Ibrox supremo David Murray AGAIN...

...and claims he cost him £20 million.

KING lost £20 million in his first spell as a director at Rangers and claims he believed that Murray was matching his investment.

DAVE KING has delivered another withering blast at David Murray for using other people’s money to prop up his Rangers regime.

The incoming chairman lost £20million in his first spell as a director at Ibrox after handing over cash to Murray in the belief he was matching it.

But he said: “I wasn’t sore about losing the investment and I wasn’t sore about mismanagement. I was sore about non-disclosure.

“I never knew that if something happened to the Murray Group it could come back to Rangers.

“He owed me the obligation to say: ‘By the way Dave, I’m asking you to put your money in but this is not really my money.’ I believed we were both putting in surplus cash that we could afford to lose.

“The fact he couldn’t afford to lose it cost me losses that I believe were unnecessary.”

Meanwhile King has admitted he intends to be a mainly absentee landlord of his new club, entrusting the day-to-day running of the board to Paul Murray and his executives.

The South Africa-based businessman said: “By the next calendar year I would imagine me coming here four times a year to chair the public company board, which will be a board with some independent directors, not just Rangers fans.

“We see the Rangers Football Club board as more of an operating board. But initially I’ll probably spend more time here.

“I used to come four times a year for board meetings – and then I’d come for the Champions League matches against Barcelona and Manchester United. When that happens again I’ll start coming more often!”

King won’t let recent history lie and insists those responsible for the demise of the club will face justice.

He said: “I don’t think the full extent will be unravelled but we will unravel enough to bring to book a couple of people. I believe that will happen.”

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/new-rangers-chairman-dave-king-5751527#rlabs=4

Dave King: Room on Rangers wall for Craig Whyte.

Rangers can’t edit history says chairman as he looks to merit his own Ibrox place

In the coming years we should discover whether Dave King will merit being considered a champion who revived Rangers, or simply one more figure to place in the sizeable rogues’ gallery at the Ibrox club. Whatever category he belongs in, the new Rangers chairman believes his portrait should one day feature in the Blue Room.

He sees that as a right of passage that comes with holding the position; whether incumbents have been the great and the good, or those who have greatly done no good. Into that latter category can be placed Craig Whyte. His image has not been captured on the Blue Room wall. David Murray is the last chairman to be painted there for posterity. Yet King believes Whyte and Murray ought to be together.

“I don’t believe all the chairmen [since David Murray] merit it [a place on the wall] – but I think they belong there,” he said. “When one looks back on the history of Rangers, this will be part of it and I don’t think anyone has the right to self-edit their history. I think it would be wrong. I didn’t know they weren’t there, quite frankly, but if they are there they’re part of what the club is when we look back. History is what it is, good and bad. I think Sandy Jardine once made a suggestion saying he could accept a portrait of Craig Whyte there but we would have to turn it to face the wall.”

The problem for Rangers outsiders is that there isn’t yet as much distance between King and Whyte as would seem desirable. Whyte is clearly a shyster whose business practices have required playing fast and loose with tax regulatory bodies. For King to have received 41 convictions for contraventions of South African tax laws, and to have paid more than £41 million to avoid prison in his settlement with the country’s revenue service not even two years ago, hardly suggests he made a point of lodging exhaustive returns on time.

This leads on to the whole farrago of last week’s ruling by the SFA that King was a ‘fit and proper’ person to sit on the Ibrox board. The new Rangers chairman believes he was subjected to a level of scrutiny way beyond that applied to Whyte. Yet, the fact that both men were waved in demonstrates that the governing body require to do themselves a favour and remove any articles pertaining to ‘fit and proper’ because, patently, they will completely ignore them if they see fit. The judgment is discretionary. That should be the only wording in the articles.

The question of why the SFA chose to park certain guidelines over what constitutes ‘fit and proper’ in King’s case causes a certain disquiet. Before he ousted Mike Ashley’s men from the Rangers boardroom, King stated that his level of investment would be unaffected by whether or not he was on the club’s board. Then, as if seeking to exert pressure on the SFA, in the past month the impression given was that without King being Rangers chairman, the club would not have the same amount of investment from him. It was as if it was being said to the SFA that it was not a case of arriving at judgment on the man, but rather deciding whether Rangers would have the financial muscle to become great income-and-interest generators for Scottish football in the coming years.

When this tawdry episode is tacked on to King’s claims about having a nominated adviser (Nomad) lined up before the takeover, only for the club subsequently to be de-listed because a Nomad failed to be appointed, in recent months there has been a disconnect between King’s initial, bold pronouncements and subsequent developments.

Yet, in person, the emigre Glaswegian proves a plausible, intriguing character, and one who no longer – if indeed he ever did – considers unchecked spending acceptable at the club. In this respect, his take on the breakdown of his relationship with David Murray over the path to oblivion that the owner of two decades sent Rangers on is instructive.

King maintains he was not sore over losing the £20m he invested in Rangers, but over the fact that Murray, whose entire business empire has now followed the last Ibrox incarnation in being liquidated, failed to provide “disclosure” as to how he was then propping up the club.

“David Murray never ever let me know that the money that ‘we’ were putting in was my money and not his money,” King said. “He should have let me know. I never knew at any stage that if something happened to the Murray Group it could come back to Rangers. I regard myself as having lost a substantial portion of money because of non-disclosure.

“It wasn’t a management issue and it wasn’t just about losing the money. I’ve resigned myself to not getting the money back. I really felt there was a level of disclosure. I was David’s senior partner in the funding and he would come to me from time to time. He owed me the obligation to say ‘by the way Dave, I’m asking you to put your money in but this [Murray’s contribution] is not really my money’. I believed that we were both putting in surplus cash that we could afford to lose. The fact he couldn’t afford to lose it cost me losses that I believe were unnecessary. That’s what I was sore about.”

King, like every other Rangers supporter, is sore about the dealings of Whyte – who bought Rangers from David Murray for £1 in 2011 – and his sale of the Rangers assets to Charles Green that followed the club’s liquidation the following year, and the Yorkshireman’s subsequent running of the club.

The takeovers are subject to police investigation, and King is convinced that a measure of both disclosure and accountability – but only a measure – will be forthcoming over Rangers’ travails across the past four years. “I don’t think the full extent [of the misdeeds] will be unravelled but I think we will unravel enough to bring to book a couple of people,” he said. “I believe that will happen.”

All manner of pictures might become clear in time.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl-lower-divisions/dave-king-room-on-rangers-wall-for-craig-whyte-1-3781732

King, like every other Rangers supporter, is sore about the dealings of Whyte – who bought Rangers from David Murray for £1 in 2011 – and his sale of the Rangers assets to Charles Green that followed the club’s liquidation the following year, and the Yorkshireman’s subsequent running of the club.

Shyte! And here was me thinking I saw Rangers playing yesterday ...

The past is the past Dave lets try and get on with the future , by building the club back from the roots , lets try and get the best scouts bringing the best lads to rangers and coached by good coaches to prepare them for a future in football lets get our first team coach /manager in place as soon as possible , lets go forward and stop looking back .:rfc:

Shyte! And here was me thinking I saw Rangers playing yesterday ...

One does wonder if the anti-Rangers pond-life which inhabits the scottish mhedia will ever drop their 'liquidated club' nonsense.

One does wonder if the anti-Rangers pond-life which inhabits the scottish mhedia will ever drop their 'liquidated club' nonsense.

Rangers is not a new club, say FIFA

Sunday 24 May 2015

'WORLD football's ruling body has entered the heated debate over Rangers' status after liquidation by indicating they accept it is not a new club.

In promotional material from FIFA ( Federation Internationale de Football Association) headquarters to promote its weekly magazine, they state: "After their enforced relegation in 2012, Glasgow Rangers are in the hunt for promotion back to Scotland's top flight."

A group of Celtic fans caused controversy when they paid for an advert in a newspaper saying Rangers are a new club.

The advert was a lengthy statement which claims Rangers became a new club following liquidation in 2012.

Those Celtic fans who feel Rangers are a new club, have objected to any commentary that indicates that if successful in the Scottish Championship play-offs, that they will "return" to the top flight.

Rangers Football Club plc, the former operating company, went into administration in February, 2012, after a £9 million PAYE and VAT debt was amassed to the taxman under Craig Whyte's leadership. The oldco renamed RFC 2012 plc is now being liquidated.

The Celtic fans ad said the term The Old Firm was now redundant "following the liquidation of Rangers (1872)" and stated the new club came into being in 2012.

Many diehards will only refer to Rangers as Sevco, the name given to the Charles Green-headed consortium that bought the liquidated assets with a £5.5 million loan in 2012.

In December SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster insisted Rangers are the same club which existed before liquidation.

He said: "In terms of the question about old club, new club, that was settled very much by the Lord Nimmo Smith commission that was put together by the SPL to look at EBT payments at that time.

"The decision, very clearly from the commission, was that the club is the same, the club continues, albeit it is owned by a new company, but the club is the same.

"It's the same club, absolutely.

"The member club is the entity that participates in our league and we have 42 member clubs."

That commission's decision referred to "the board of directors of Oldco as a company, as distinct from the football management or players of Rangers FC as a club..."

The Advertising Standards Authority in December, 2013, in considering challenges to Rangers' claims as "Scotland's most successful club", supported the view that continuity of history continued.

It has emerged that UEFA confirmed to the ASA that its rules allowed for the recognition of the "sporting continuity" of a club's match record, even if that club's corporate structure had changed.

The European Club Association, the sole independent body recognised by UEFA and FIFA as representing clubs at European level confirmed Rangers remain as members of the organisation in December, 2012 after the transfer of ownership.

In June, 2012, Lord Glennie in considering a decision to uphold a transfer embargo on Rangers referred to "Rangers Football Club plc, a company presently in administration.. .that presently operates Rangers Football Club."'

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/rangers-is-not-a-new-club-say-fifa.1432466480

Going to be a long summer for those who insist on buying these papers. Why anyone does, I cannot understand!

The Scotsman, whose news online I sometimes click on, is the most Unionist paper in Scotland, so I'm surprised to hear they are anti-Rangers. They're certainly lacking when it comes to language - wtf is a 'right of passage'? And that filler from The Herald...not for me, thanks.

as far as the whyte painting goes I understand the king argument of not picking and choosing your history, but the thought of his mug hanging on the walls at Ibrox (in paint that is) turns my stomach.

Can we meet in the middle and just leave a painting size gap between murray and king?