8. Nuno Capucho

7. Egil Østenstad

6. Francis Jeffers

5. Marcus Gayle

4. Andy Webster

3. Ian Black

2. Francisco Sandaza

1. James Beattie

This is a good read. We can make our own list if people disagree with this list.

http://whatculture.com/sport/25-players-who-stole-a-living-from-rangers.php

Edited by pete

Can't agree with you about Doran Goian. He was a little past his best when he joined us and got booked too often as was his want throughout his career but he was a quality International defender (50+ caps for Romania) and formed an excellent partnership with Bocanegra. I well remember his debut in Perth, different class altogether.

On the other hand Beattie thoroughly deserves his #1 position (just mention him to Chaltonman). Can't be many so called strikers in senior football who failed to score in 1130-day run in a first team match. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Beattie_%28footballer%29

The aptly named Rothen, did make the pass for Boughera to score in Stuttgart so it can't be said he didn't make a contribution.

Jeffers did do a job in Porto, running about like a headless chicken for 76 minutes before replaced by Ross McCormack who promptly scored the equaliser that assured us of at least UEFA Cup football and in the event Champions League last 16 in the spring of 2006. Really odd what happened to him, he was a goalscoring machine at Everton and all-time leading scorer for England Under-21s with 13 goals in 16 games, a record he shares with Alan Shearer but went gradually downhill thereafter. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Jeffers

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Can't agree with you about Doran Goian. He was a little past his best when he joined us and got booked too often as was his want throughout his career but he was a quality International defender (50+ caps for Romania) and formed an excellent partnership with Bocanegra. I well remember his debut in Perth, different class altogether.

On the other hand Beattie well deserves his #1 position (just mention him to Chaltonman). Can't be many so called strikers in senior football who failed to score in 1130-day run in a first team match. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Beattie_%28footballer%29

The aptly named Rothen, did make the pass for Boughera to score in Stuttgart so it can't be said he didn't make a contribution.

Jeffers did do a job in Porto, running about like a headless chicken for 76 minutes before replaced by Ross McCormack who promptly scored the equaliser that assured us of at least UEFA Cup football and in the event Champions League last 16 in the spring of 2006.

It is not my piece mate. If you press the link you get a run-down on why the blogger chose the players. It is too much to copy and paste everything.

It is not my piece mate. If you press the link you get a run-down on why the blogger chose the players. It is too much to copy and paste everything.

I don't see why I can't blame you, you're a mod and you posted it after all :D

Edited by BrahimHemdani

I don't see why I can't blame you, you posted it after all :D

You are lucky I am keeping all my nervous energy for Thursday otherwise it was a duel at dawn.:touche::)

Sebo, Sebo is a legend, you leave him alone. Not too many Rangers players have scored v Brazil, albeit in the World Youth Cup Under-20's.

I loved Sebo to be honest. His work rate was good and he always gave 100%. Just a pity he wasn't a very good footballer.:D

On the other hand Beattie thoroughly deserves his #1 position (just mention him to Chaltonman). Can't be many so called strikers in senior football who failed to score in 1130-day run in a first team match. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Beattie_%28footballer%29

Jeffers did do a job in Porto, running about like a headless chicken for 76 minutes before replaced by Ross McCormack who promptly scored the equaliser that assured us of at least UEFA Cup football and in the event Champions League last 16 in the spring of 2006. Really odd what happened to him, he was a goalscoring machine at Everton and all-time leading scorer for England Under-21s with 13 goals in 16 games, a record he shares with Alan Shearer but went gradually downhill thereafter. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Jeffers

I agree with Goian. He did stick his nose in a few times.