Official: Warburton Appointed Manager

It's no real secret that Lewis hasn't settled particularly well in London - also backed up by a player I know who has just left Brentford. He wasn't creating a fuss, but just hasn't adjusted to life in the London area and is 'missing home'. It hasn't helped with his injury and not playing but I'm not sure how much longer McLeod will be at Brentford for. Who knows, he may get a second wind and get a pre-season under his belt and kick on with them next season. But I'm not too sure.

Like any other possible transfers it will depend on the fee.

For example, how much have Brentford paid (so far) for Macleod of the supposed total £800K fee. And, how much would someone like Law give us in terms of a swap deal?

There's always the option of a loan of course.

Great To Be Back

b6ce9e16b8fff226b4be19c3b4cba45b_XL.jpg

DAVID WEIR has today spoken of his delight at being named Rangers assistant manager on a three-year contract.

The former Light Blues captain was something of a fans’ favourite during his five year spell at Ibrox from 2007 to 2012, and he returns as new manager Mark Warburton’s right-hand man with the pair having enjoyed a successful spell together at Brentford.

Speaking to RangersTV.tv, Weir said: “It’s really exciting to be back, and I’m obviously looking forward to getting started and to helping the club.

“It’s not any secret that I grew up supporting Rangers, and I got the opportunity to play here which was great, and I had five really enjoyable and successful years as a player, and now to come back in another capacity is also great.”

Rangers Hall of Fame member Weir arrived at Ibrox this morning to sign his deal, and he admitted to having flashbacks to some of the memorable moments he enjoyed at the famous ground when a player.

He explained: “I haven’t been back for quite a while now, so I wondered what it was going to be like.

“You try and prepare for it, but when you come back in you remember how impressive the place is, and the memories do come flooding back.

“It was a nice feeling that I enjoyed, and it was good to see a few familiar faces too.”

The hard work begins now however, although it is clear that Weir just can’t wait to get the training gear on and get down to business.

“I’m really excited,” he said. “You walk in the front door and it starts to become real, and you start to get excited and look forward to your first match and your first training session.

“It is exciting, and we know there is a lot of hard work to be done but we’re looking forward to it.”

Weir’s rapport with the Rangers fans was always excellent, and he had this message for the Light Blue legions.

He said: “We’re delighted to be here, we’re excited with the prospect although we know it’s not going to be easy and not going to be straightforward.

“We’ve both got to work really hard to try and get the club back to where it needs to be.

“We’ve all got the same goals and the same ambitions, and we all want the same thing, so the fans are going to play a big part in getting us back to where we want to be, and we can promise them we’re going to work hard to try and do that as soon as we possibly can.”

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/9469-great-to-be-back

Was dreading pre season but think it will shoot past now

Totally buzzing about how this develops

Loved his statement about "if the long ball works for you , good luck to you but we want to get it down and play football".

Edited by jhunter

Was dreading pre season but think it will shoot past now

It'll be over before we know it. There's less than 7 weeks until the beginning of August when we'll have our first proper competitive game of the season.

Edited by Zappa