A Duty For Generations

Well, he has some serious memory issues if he can't remember the answer and detail that he provided 15 months earlier!

My mum's only 5 years older than Dave King and half the time she can't remember what she'd told me a week earlier! :D

Oh, I certainly want to be entertained, but I'm saying I'm still going watch my team even if I'm not. What is a supporter if he turns away in the dark days?

I haven't been back since Green's first appearance. What kind of supporter does that make me? People will have their own standards whether that is to do with on the pitch or off it.

Oh, I certainly want to be entertained, but I'm saying I'm still going watch my team even if I'm not. What is a supporter if he turns away in the dark days?

tired.

its also about encouraging young supporters in the current market. With the likes of arsenal,man u, man city, barca etc all competition for their attention. Years of old there was no real competition from outwith scotland that could be watched and participated in on a weekly basis

I haven't been back since Green's first appearance. What kind of supporter does that make me? People will have their own standards whether that is to do with on the pitch or off it.

I'm not suggesting someone is any less of a fan because they buy a ST or not, but I was questioning the finality of saying "I'm done," when things are not going our way. Moreover, just because one doesn't buy a ST -- for on-the-pitch or off-the-pitch reasons -- doesn't mean they stop supporting the side.

For me 'supporting' a side and being entertained through the beauty of football are two very different things. A 'supporter' would follow his side throughout. You are obviously still 'supporting' the side even though you've not bought a ST in a few years.

tired.

its also about encouraging young supporters in the current market. With the likes of arsenal,man u, man city, barca etc all competition for their attention. Years of old there was no real competition from outwith scotland that could be watched and participated in on a weekly basis

I don't think one 'chooses' to support Rangers, or any other side. Like I said, 'supporting' a side and being entertained through the beauty of football are two very different things. I'll watch Barcelona etc. to be entertained; I'll watch Rangers because their my team.

I don't think one 'chooses' to support Rangers, or any other side. Like I said, 'supporting' a side and being entertained through the beauty of football are two very different things. I'll watch Barcelona etc. to be entertained; I'll watch Rangers because their my team.

you never had the choice when you were 10. How do you create that menatlity in children now? your dad wasn't dragging you out to ibrox on wednesday night when barca was playing. Have seen numerous comments this year of the difficulties parents are having trying to get their kids motivated to go and watch football that is to be honest terrible

you never had the choice when you were 10. How do you create that menatlity in children now? your dad wasn't dragging you out to ibrox on wednesday night when barca was playing. Have seen numerous comments this year of the difficulties parents are having trying to get their kids motivated to go and watch football that is to be honest terrible

It's a sad state of affairs. It would suggest, with younger fans 'choosing' to follow the big sides, that the attendances for lower league sides will decrease; any evidence for that?

I still think my point remains: you don't choose which team you support. You can follow any side you like, but truly 'supporting' a team is different.

There are plenty of folk I know who 'chose' to follow Rangers, and for a variety of reasons. Not everyone is from a dyed in the wool bluenose family.

There are plenty of folk I know who 'chose' to follow Rangers, and for a variety of reasons. Not everyone is from a dyed in the wool bluenose family.

'Follow', or 'support'? One can 'follow' any side one likes. I 'follow' several sides because I like the way they play. I 'support' one side. (I'm not saying I'm right, it's just the way I feel.)

What are the reasons?

Edited by Rousseau