A Duty For Generations

I'm happy for everyone to make up their own mind too, Frankie, indeed I am fed up listening to people dictating how others should spend their money or what type of supporter they should be, but I also feel that King's board should be closely watched and held to the various promises that were made prior to their power grab. I hope that I am shown to have been concerned over nothing.

I don't think anyone is dictating anything - merely offering an opinion for us to debate which helps pass the working day.

Of course the regime should be held to account and the best way to do so is to continue to show how much of a key part we are of funding anyone who is in power.

Can we trust King more than someone like Whyte, Green or Ashley? I'd like to think his Rangers supporting credentials (inconsistent history recollections notwithstanding) means he's more trustworthy but of course people shouldn't hand their cash over regardless.

However, again, as it's worth repeating, we (or most of us) voted for regime change and we (or most of us) wanted a new management team with a new vision. We've got that so we can't keep mumbling about our next demand.

I don't think anyone is dictating anything - merely offering an opinion for us to debate which helps pass the working day.

Of course the regime should be held to account and the best way to do so is to continue to show how much of a key part we are of funding anyone who is in power.

Can we trust King more than someone like Whyte, Green or Ashley? I'd like to think his Rangers supporting credentials (inconsistent history recollections notwithstanding) means he's more trustworthy but of course people shouldn't hand their cash over regardless.

However, again, as it's worth repeating, we (or most of us) voted for regime change and we (or most of us) wanted a new management team with a new vision. We've got that so we can't keep mumbling about our next demand.

King is preferable to those mentioned, of course he is, but Green was also viewed by many as being preferable to Whyte.

I am most impressed with the management team that has been brought in. Even if it doesn't work out, it has shown that the board have a certain amount of imagination with regard to the football side of things. My pal is a West Ham fan and when Allardyce went I said to him that Warburton would have been a good fit there, so I am pretty positive about the appointment.

King is preferable to those mentioned, of course he is, but Green was also viewed by many as being preferable to Whyte.

I am most impressed with the management team that has been brought in. Even if it doesn't work out, it has shown that the board have a certain amount of imagination with regard to the football side of things. My pal is a West Ham fan and when Allardyce went I said to him that Warburton would have been a good fit there, so I am pretty positive about the appointment.

Rangers fans were conned by Green as most were desperate for someone to come in and save the club,which in turn makes fans more experienced and vigilant on whoever is running the club,we should all keep our fingers on the pulse in that regard,however Kingco seem to be moving in the right direction,and I believe will do their best for the club and not line their pockets like the previous thieves. One of the questions Warburton was asked by the press was did he have financial guarantees from the Rangers board,his reply was if he didn't get these insurances he wouldn't have accepted the job.

Rangers fans were conned by Green as most were desperate for someone to come in and save the club,which in turn makes fans more experienced and vigilant on whoever is running the club,we should all keep our fingers on the pulse in that regard,however Kingco seem to be moving in the right direction,and I believe will do their best for the club and not line their pockets like the previous thieves. One of the questions Warburton was asked by the press was did he have financial guarantees from the Rangers board,his reply was if he didn't get these insurances he wouldn't have accepted the job.

I am not expecting King to be channelling funds out of the club in the way the likes of Whyte and Green did. My concerns centre around just how much of the pre-EGM sound bites will materialise in cold, hard cash on this side. A wide-ranging scouting network should have been implemented on day one as that is the only sustainable way that a club playing in Scotland can compete on the continent.

I really do identify with what you have written R. For me the purchase of a the ST was always going to be "unconditional". Bit like a marriage...for "better for worse, in sickness and in health" ;-))

Edited by D'Artagnan