A thread for the moves in the Premier league.

Liverpool spending early but similar to last year not brining in marquee names.

I know nothing of Firmino.

Milner will be a good addition for work rate and experience but isn't the player that will win them a title.

Clyne is a good signing but how much better than Glen Johnson is he?

Origi looked good a the world cup last summer but didn't have a great season in France, I read he made the worst XI of the season.

Gomez seems one for the future.

Ings was decent for Burnley but is he a CL type player?

They need to start selling now as Balotelli, Borini and Lambert will be wasting wages.

Arsenal - Petr Cech solves their long standing goalkeeper crisis, I just hope he hasn't got rusty over 12 months on the bench. Seems likely they will miss out on Schneiderlain probably because Wenger already has too many midfielders.

Man Utd - Depay - again I don't know to much. They are linked to everyone at the moment.

Man City - Wanting Pogba, De Bruyne and Sterling but haven't signed as of yet.

West Ham - Payet and Obiang in, probably Alex Song to follow.

A few other low key signings but there should be some big ones coming up over the next month.

Chelsea - very low key. Looking at Rob Green and Asmir Begovic to replace Cech. Begovic is too good to be a back up, I would say he is top 5 in the league. Green is a keeper I rated at West Ham, his percentage of saving penalties is great. At 35/36 he would be perfect for Chelsea back up.

Also linked with Alex Song but he wont get a starting position there so imagine West Ham will get him.

Falcao the only other mentioned as a replacement for Drogba.

I think Arsenal signing Cech is a great signing. At 33 he still has at least 5 years left in the tank at the top level.

Arsenal have been screaming out for a true world class keeper since Seaman.

And at 11 million that is a low risk transfer fee. Kudos to Abramovich for allowing Cech his wish of staying in London in the BPL too - would have been far easier for Chelsea to refuse to allow him to sign for a rival.

I hope Man City sign Sterling. Hugely overrated.

You know that Liverpool are definitely selling him. There is no way are they keeping him with the amount of money they have been spending - and the fact Firmino is a similar, though probably better, player to Sterling.

Sterling is hugely over-rated. If Liverpool get 50 million for him they would be pissing themselves all the way to the bank.

Interestingly.... Liverpool would get Milner AND 50 million from City whilst City get Sterling - Liverpool get the much better end of those two transactions..... much as they got the far better end of the deal when they sold Torres to Chelsea and got Suarez instead.... though they did also waste 35 million of that money on Carroll :D

I think Arsenal signing Cech is a great signing. At 33 he still has at least 5 years left in the tank at the top level.

Arsenal have been screaming out for a true world class keeper since Seaman.

And at 11 million that is a low risk transfer fee. Kudos to Abramovich for allowing Cech his wish of staying in London in the BPL too - would have been far easier for Chelsea to refuse to allow him to sign for a rival.

I just hope a season on the bench hasn't made him a bit rusty.

Wenger has a difficult task picking Arsenals starting XI when everyone is fit.

Man Utd could be getting Ramos and Schneiderlin this week.

Tyrone Mings has joined Bournemouth for £8 million and he was playing non league football not long ago. The money some of these small English clubs have is just ridiculous. IT's fake wealth though, they spread it around each other, often completely wasting it and ending up with mediocre teams. One of these days one of these wee teams is going to look at all the huge revenue they are getting and instead of spending huge sums on mediocre English players, they will bring in top foreign coaches and scouts. Develop a sustainable infrastructure and get value for money with continental players. Perhaps Southampton did it to a small extent though really their team isn't that great. The Premiership is such a mess though - outwith the top few you have these mid table teams like West Ham and Stoke spending huge, huge sums of money and having absolutely awful teams, compared to other big leagues.