Pre-Season - Day 3

Frankie , it will be interesting to near the players take on training and what differences there has been so far , even if its just in the attitude to training

If the rumours are true that willie vass isnt even allowed in to take pics of pre season and all but one of the pre-season games will be behind closed doors I doubt very much we will be told anything of what's going on. Its a strange way to encourage more fan interaction. Obviously im in a huff. No pre season trip! sack the board.

I knew Templeton was 'jinky' when he ran, but I never noticed how he runs almost leaning back. In the photos McKay is leaning into the run, whereas Temps is leaning away. I suppose it helps him deceive a defender into thinking he's not about to accelerate away?

There's a player in there, but I think he needs to simplify his game -- Hug the touchline, stand up the defender, jink outside to cross along the six-yard line or cut it back, or jink inside for a shot. I think he over complicates things.

Neither McKay nor Templeton are good enough

I can't understand fans who've been calling for McKay's return from loan. He couldn't run wide or cross a ball. His game seemed to be to run inside into blocks of defenders. A heavy tackle early doors would stop Templeton for the rest of the game.

I knew Templeton was 'jinky' when he ran, but I never noticed how he runs almost leaning back. In the photos McKay is leaning into the run, whereas Temps is leaning away. I suppose it helps him deceive a defender into thinking he's not about to accelerate away?

He runs like a wee lassie skating on an ice rink.

I think mckay has the attributes but maybe not the attitude. Hopefully Warburton can knock him into shape.

He's definitely good enough. He's highly skilled with a football at his feet and unlike Templeton, he keeps his head up and generally makes good decisions in terms of passing the ball. Great wee player IMO.