Pre-Season - Day 3

He's definitely good enough. He's highly skilled with a football at his feet and unlike Templeton, he keeps his head up and generally makes good decisions in terms of passing the ball. Great wee player IMO.

he stays calm in the last third that's one of the things I like about him. Near on impossible to teach.

Frankie , it will be interesting to near the players take on training and what differences there has been so far , even if its just in the attitude to training

I know it is hugely infuriating for someone to say they have heard something but can't reveal from whom, but that's the case here and I thought you'd rather get the general message than me say nothing. I can PM admin source if you want. Anyway I got a first hand report of the training and it was all very, very encouraging. On the other hand there' no big secret as Warburton's approach has been well documented. That's what is being implemented - so, no surprise - but the attention to detail, innovatory and forwarding looking approach and focus on the core Warburton beliefs was refreshing to hear about. So one view is that it's challenging but very impressive and eye opening and beneficial and a complete change, there may be other views in the dressing room of course but I'd find it hard to believe any player wouldn't respond to the new approach - and if they do, I'm not sure I'd call them footballers.

he stays calm in the last third that's one of the things I like about him. Near on impossible to teach.

I've always liked him as a player since he broke into the 1st team. It's a shame Ally couldn't nurture his talent better and have him playing for us instead of sending him out on loan.

I've always liked him as a player since he broke into the 1st team. It's a shame Ally couldn't nurture his talent better and have him playing for us instead of sending him out on loan.

I think it goes deeper than that. The Scottish (even British) football culture overlooks players like McKay because of their diminutive stature, preferring more physical attributes. Young Jack Harper being overlooked for the Scottish U-19s (?) because he is 'too small' despite playing, and starring, for Real Madrid Youths epitomises the situation.

I think it goes deeper than that. The Scottish (even British) football culture overlooks players like McKay because of their diminutive stature, preferring more physical attributes. Young Jack Harper being overlooked for the Scottish U-19s (?) because he is 'too small' despite playing, and starring, for Real Madrid Youths epitomises the situation.