When were we last awarded a penalty?

I was listening to Cosgrove and Cowan on Saturday afternoon and one of their three topics was, 'memorable debuts'. A Dandy chap from Furryboots City highlighted Paul Hartley's debut at the Hill'o'Dung, he scored a hat trick, of penalties. Cosgrove wondered aloud how many times such a feat had occurred? Guffawing ensued as Cowan stated, "we'll have to ask Rangers Historian, David Mason for the answer"? I seem to remember a deserved hat trick of penalties in a 2-2 draw at Dens Park a dozen years past, but I cannot remember the last time we were awarded one.

How many did we receive last season?

I was listening to Cosgrove and Cowan on Saturday afternoon and one of their three topics was, 'memorable debuts'. A Dandy chap from Furryboots City highlighted Paul Hartley's debut at the Hill'o'Dung, he scored a hat trick, of penalties. Cosgrove wondered aloud how many times such a feat had occurred? Guffawing ensued as Cowan stated, "we'll have to ask Rangers Historian, David Mason for the answer"? I seem to remember a deserved hat trick of penalties in a 2-2 draw at Dens Park a dozen years past, but I cannot remember the last time we were awarded one.

How many did we receive last season?

We certainly didn't get very many last season. Jig missed one or two, but other than that I can't think of others.

Unless I missed one, Lee McCulloch scored our last penalty in a 4-0 away demolition of Raith Rovers in the League (Match Day 5) on September 12th 2014.

While not paying too much attention and the Motherwell penalty apart, we did not give away too many penalties either (or at least the opposition did not take them (so they do not appear in the stats).

BTW, Transfermarkt is a neat source for that, ...

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spielbericht/index/spielbericht/2481105

Unless I missed one, Lee McCulloch scored our last penalty in a 4-0 away demolition of Raith Rovers in the League (Match Day 5) on September 12th 2014.

Jig missed one in Dumbarton the following month.

I was listening to Cosgrove and Cowan on Saturday afternoon

You are very learned mate, very learned indeed love your posts, but how the F*** you can listen to those folk is astounding?

Keep up the good work in spreading your knowledge man.:tu: