Rangers boss Mark Warburton admits he uses TWITTER to keep track of what his players

Rangers boss Mark Warburton admits he uses TWITTER to keep track of what his players are up to

08:00, 9 August 2015

By Gordon Waddell

WARBURTON is a regular user of the social media site and keeps an eye on what his players are up to.

SNS Group Rangers manager Mark Warburton watches his side stroll to victory over Peterhead

Rangers manager Mark Warburton

MARK WARBURTON last night admitted he uses Twitter to spy on his players.

But the Rangers boss insisted it was for their own good as it would stop them from running into trouble with their training programmes.

He joked: “I blame David Weir for getting me on Twitter. It was a moment of weakness over a glass of red wine last term.

“All joking apart, David said you can find what the players are up to.

“It’s true. It’s a source of information if, for example, they are on golf days. It’s important to know what they are doing.

“At a hectic stage of the season if you are doing a structured training programme based on recovery and the guys are out walking 18 holes – then you have a problem. We could pre-empt a few of those, that’s why I did it.”

I must admit Ally done that better he just went golfing with the players and knew exactly what they were doing.