BBC Alba to screen new portrait of Jim Baxter

Just heard from a pal that Johnny Hamilton rangers player from the 70s and slims Jim's no2 in his pub hasn't long to go he's been suffering from dementia for years now. I knew him and his dad Tommy well from possilpark Masonic. He was a truly gifted player...

I thought it was very good . I was never lucky enough to see him play. I bet he'd have been great to have a drink or three with , loved his cheeky wee " getting drunk was my hobby" .

Missed the programme, but I had extenuating circumstances.

Baxter was a regular in a couple of Clubs an uncle of mine ran in Glasgow, as were many of his team mates, as a result I am delighted to say I have his autograph.

I remember listening to the game in Vienna when he broke his leg - one of those where were you when that happened moments - in my case in the school corridor furtively listening on the earpiece of a secret transistor radio. He was never the same player again.

I guess no one has heard of Johnny Hamilton (dingy) or it takes a while for someone to answer the newby but as Brahmin says...but hey ho

What did I say?

I did thank you for the post.

I think you'll find that newbie's on here get as much attention as any others depending on the quality of the posts.

A suggestion might be to start a separate thread for something like that, though, as this is a thread about Jim Baxter after all.

I certainly remember Johnny Hamilton as a very skilful player who unfortunately lost his way and failed to make the best use of the talents he was given.

I can't remember Hamilton and I certainly wouldn't ignore anyone for being a newbie as I doubt many or any would. We were all newbies at one time. Baxter was fantastic and my father even took me to see him at Hull when we were on Holiday in England. The Scotland game against England at Wembley 1967 should be remembered for ever.