Weir's words of wisdom

He added: "It's really important that every player must have a pathway into the team. Everyone must feel that they are within touching distance of playing or being involved.

"I think that if you have players who feel that they are miles away then naturally you will be disengaged and would have negative thoughts. We only want positive vibes here and positive feelings and I think that if all the players we have here and around the team know they have a chance of playing and know they will contribute at some point, it's really important. We want people helping each other and supporting each other, rather than having people on the outskirts looking in."

...These are words i love to hear!

Especially Young Players Need an enviroment where they feel that they really will get a Chance if they Train hard and give all.

How many great talents are wasted every year because they don't get enough gametime to prove themselves worthy of a place in the squad.

A 30year old Player always gets a 2nd Chance because the Manager knows his abilities, a 18year old will often get pushed back and stamped as "maybe later".

I am just a bit scared that bringing in many more Players into the existing squad could cause an unrest and uncertainty among some Players.

No Player now is certain of a place in the squad and thats good - but all Players have a realistic Chance to get into the Team, because there are not 65 Players like at Chelsea...

Guest Fyodor48

I am not so much a wee bit scared, as a teeny tiny bit concerned that the playing squad does become oversized, given the balance just now seems to be about right, although that said MW will only bring in player/players that he knows wont upset the applecart so to speak ..

I am not sure about Kings statement "Don't know if Mark would agree" but I feel we will need 5/6 players in prior to joing the PL. One is of the view; that unless he has already consulted with MW then he would be best placed not commentng on team matters...

Anyways my first post on the wonderful Gersnet, Hello to one and all

Fyodor

Thanks for the compliment and welcome to you guys. I think when king talks about adding at least 5 new players he is taking into consideration that Law, Shiels, Templeton, Miller and probably a few more will be leaving. I think Rangers are now talking about adding Quality as adding to numbers. I think Warburton wants a lean mean squad so I think he will keep the squad numbers but just improve with better players. He virtually says that in many interviews.

I think all these lean and hungry comments have merit but there is an element of risk involved should we suffer from injuries to key players.

Yes, we want the fringe players fit and ready and yes, of course, we want to give a chance to the youth lads but there's no guarantee the replacements will hit the ground running.

However, as it stands, while I'd have preferred one or two more players, I'm comfortable with the manager's strategy and I'm glad they may revisit it depending on where we stand this time next season.

After watching all the video's of the Development team recently i have not seen any defenders that give me confidence to step up to the first team to be honest.I thought Ball looked the best defender we have but Kiernan No1 choice.

Edited by pete

After watching all the video's of the Development team recently i have not seen any defenders that give me confidence to step up to the first team to be honest.I thought Ball looked the best defender we have but Kiernan No1 choice.

Gasporotto? I know he's away with Canada at present.

I found it interesting that he was older than Ball though.

I think squadwise we're pretty good as things stand. Yes add a player or two if the right quality and attitude can be bought at the right price, but nothing silly needed.

Things will change in a couple of years (hopefully next year - nothing wrong with a little optimism!) when extra games are brought into the mix with regards to European competition, but there's time yet to prepare for all that.

End of season should see some changes as older faces (Miller, Law, etc) move on and new blood brought in to fill their spots, there's possibly an argument to bring them in in January if we can find them, once we've got the league wrapped up (hopefully nice and early the way things are going) we can start moving aside those not likely to be with us next season and almost treat the end of the season (except cup games!) as an extended pre-season?