Gers scout it

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/rangers/6690424/Gers-scout-it.html

RANGERS will end a two-and-a-half-year search for a chief scout with a move for ex-Liverpool star-spotter Frank McParland.

McParland, currently the sporting director at Championship Burnley, is seen as a key appointment in a root-and-branch Ibrox rebuild.

Rumours about us being after him started back in June. McParland would probably be a fantastic appointment, but assuming there's even the slightest element of truth to the rumours, this might be worth taking with a pinch of salt, at least for the time being.

@Cammy26_2: @Kenny_Millar do you expect the McParland to Rangers deal to happen or is it just an approach at this stage?

@Kenny_Millar: @Cammy26_2 I expect it to happen.

@Kenny_Millar: @Cammy26_2 Burnley could make him work a notice period, which could be as long as three months. I've no doubts in the story.

@Kenny_Millar: @gersmandan He's tight with Warburton/Weir and he'll have a lot of responsibility because there's so little in place at Rangers.

@Kenny_Millar: @gersmandan I trust where the tip-off came from and know how it was double-checked. We'll see.