Former Barcelona and Man City youth Gai Assulin training with Rangers

When we first signed them quite a few folk talked about not being very impressed by Waghorn & Tavernier's stats and yet here we are now sitting with a couple of gems who've scored a load of goals between them in no time at at all. :)

And still some will be so very eager to jump in when a signing doesn't do as well as expected!,you would almost think some "fans" are waiting for failure!

Edited by ian1964

Hope this guy Gai takes to the club and the Scottish climate and Rangers are delighted with him.

He's 24, a good age for someone coming to a new club looking for a fresh start, a complete mystery of a player where we are concerned arriving with a very good pedigree.

Fingers crossed this works out. Foreigners can be hit and miss at times.

Hope this guy Gai takes to the club and the Scottish climate and Rangers are delighted with him.

He's 24, a good age for someone coming to a new club looking for a fresh start, a complete mystery of a player where we are concerned arriving with a very good pedigree.

Fingers crossed this works out. Foreigners can be hit and miss at times.

As can Brits - just look at Ally's dud signings

Very promising player and would be exciting if we picked him up. Hope he impresses well in training.

The kid seems to be a decent player in the Spanish Second division, playing a good 30+ games a season there over a few years. His appearances for English sides (OK, only Man City and Brighton; of which only at Brighton would he be looking to do well) are poor. I think it shows his style is not suited to typical British football. However, we don't play the typical British football so he could fit in very well here. Promising player that just needs a little guidance and a decent run in a team that suits his style. I think he'd be a great addition -- we need more wingers for when Oduwa goes off the boil!

Saw him very briefly training at Murray Park yesterday - I was sneaking a view of 1st team training from the youth side..... Looks like a decent player to me from what I saw, which admittedly wasn't a great deal.

The session I saw yesterday was at around noon yesterday - what was encouraging to me was that even though the session was probably drawing to a close the players were showing high intensity. Not only that but it was very competitive with players looking for handballs and driven to win.