Rangers boss Mark Warburton tips Barrie McKay...

Unless you have a definitive answer then it's a bit of an open ended question. Could the right answer not be to to drop the player and then send them out on loan...? Seems to have worked.

Seems to me you'd have to blame every manager in history for any player that had a bad attitude or didn't play to potential.

Giving him about 46 games at age 17/18 wasn't a vote of confidence? As I said without knowing the definitive answer, it could be something so simple as putting him out on loan. It seems as likely an answer as any, unless of course you want to play the "Blame Ally for anything and everything" game...

I'd blame Ally for most of the footballing shambles correct. Sounds like any sign of trouble you'd look to send them out on loan. I'd prefer trying to sort these issues in house first if attitude was the sole reason he was sent out on loan.

Having said that it's paid off for us now, although I don't believe for a second Ally knew what he was doing in this instance. Infact in most instances.

Unless you have a definitive answer then it's a bit of an open ended question. Could the right answer not be to to drop the player and then send them out on loan...? Seems to have worked.

Seems to me you'd have to blame every manager in history for any player that had a bad attitude or didn't play to potential.

Giving him about 46 games at age 17/18 wasn't a vote of confidence? As I said without knowing the definitive answer, it could be something so simple as putting him out on loan. It seems as likely an answer as any, unless of course you want to play the "Blame Ally for anything and everything" game...

edit double post

Edited by JTP

I'd blame Ally for most of the footballing shambles correct. Sounds like any sign of trouble you'd look to send them out on loan. I'd prefer trying to sort these issues in house first if attitude was the sole reason he was sent out on loan.

Having said that it's paid off for us now, although I don't believe for a second Ally knew what he was doing in this instance. Infact in most instances.

I think it's obvious by this post that you're not being objective in the slightest... :rolleyes:

I will say a boss can make or break you. I have witnessed it personally myself in the case of my father and myself. My father was the janitor of Park girls School and we lived on the premises. He had a fantastic relationship with the headmistress. Unfortunately she retired and my father just didn't get on with the new one. Eventually he decided it was effecting his health so much he decided to leave which meant we had to move house as well.

I had a similar situation with a great boss who left. He had put me up for promotion but was replaced before it went through. I just couldn't get on with my new boss and had a life of just surviving for about 5 years. Although you try to keep up performances your whole attitude changes. I would imagine that something similar happened to McKay. Part of that process is revolt and that can be taken as having a bad attitude.

I am not saying the boss is totally to blame it is mostly a process from 2 sides and 2 personalities.

Anyway I'm happy to seeing Barrie back and in great form.

It's definitely the case that McKay has flourished in spite of McCoist. He was shunted out on loan for two seasons to very poor teams, starting only 30 times in that period. Meanwhile big Lee was playing 77 times. A team starved of creativity and talent and we got rid of the one player who had an abundance of both. It's really quite incredible that we still have one or two people trying to defend McCoist. Astonishing.

As I said in another topic though, sending McKay out on loan is possibly the greatest decision Ally ever made: he would likely learn far more at the likes Greenock and Raith than he ever would under McCoist and it also prevented him from ruining the player.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy