Rangers U20s v Hibs U20s

Don't see a thread on this, so will post a few tweets.

@RFC_Youth: U20 side to play Hibs: Kelly, Aird, Mills, Ashmore, Ross McCrorie, Brownlie, Walsh, Lyon, Hardie, Thompson, Roberts

@HibsOfficial: #Hibs Development Squad to play Rangers: Brennan, Dunsmore, Forster, Waugh, Eckersley, Stirling, Martin, Murray, Insall, El Alagui, Shaw

@RFC_Youth: HT: 0-0 All square between Rangers and Hibs at the break.

@RFC_Youth: 49' GOAL!! McCrorie! 1-0! Header after a ball in from Ross Lyon wide on the left.

@RFC_Youth: 66' GOAL! HARDIE! 2-0! Exceptional work from the striker to stay cool and take the ball around keeper and last defender to tap home.

@RFC_Youth: 68' GOAL! HARDIE! 3-0! Quick fire brace for the striker. Skipping into the box to side foot the ball into the far corner.

@RFC_Youth: FT: 3-0. Rangers score 3 second-half goals to get the victory in the development league. A Ross McCrorie header followed by a Hardie double.

Edited by chilledbear

McCrorie has been training with the 1st team of late - when I snuck a glimpse last Thursday I saw him clear a Waghorn shot off the line, maintained his position well. Also, I must say, that I was highly impressed with Durrant during the U20's session. Everything I saw was ballwork, high tempo, high intensity, looking for quality at all times. Also made it fun and you could see the players responding to him.

Murdoch looked a cut above the rest but there were some others who looked very assured such as Liam Burt who is very highly thought of. McCrorie's brother looks every bit a keeper too, but there was another keeper there who is 15 but is training with the U20's - also highly thought of.