Today's interviews

As I've said before don't look for us signing any player from the Scottish league's in January..

O'Halloran from St Johnstone has been mentioned - I take it that's not a goer?

With McPartland having most of his contacts down south I'd hope for a striker and a defensive midfielder of comparable quality (or better) to those signed in the summer

We really have to start imporivng the quality of our first team. I am concerned that we are bringing in mediocre English Championship talent and thinking this will be good enough for a go at the title next season. It wont be.

This is not a go at the players we have which by and large have done the job very well so far, but there is a real lack of special quality in all areas of the pitch. Good scouts are worth their weight in gold if they can find players within our budget that will be standouts in a year or two that we can sell on. Dare i say it, the model another club has used with some success (also a lot of failures).

There are only two windows before we start our campaign to win 55 against one of the worst celtic sides in the last 30 years or so that I have seen. And we have to improve to match them. Think about that and where we actually are now. Not where we have been. A lot of work has to be done in these two windows. I hope our off-field squad are good enough.

I don't think its time to panic yet tannoch, dont forget this team is only three months into their task and they have been excellent and growing with every game I agree we haven't got quality cover for some key positions but theres certainly no need to panic yet. What do you mean by 'the model another club?' and 'our off-field squad?'...

I don't think its time to panic yet tannoch, dont forget this team is only three months into their task and they have been excellent and growing with every game I agree we haven't got quality cover for some key positions but theres certainly no need to panic yet. What do you mean by 'the model another club?' and 'our off-field squad?'...

Im far from panicking Bruno, believe me I am quite enjoying the football this season. I am however not getting carried away with what I am seeing as when I look at each player in our team I dont see anybody I would call a good player capable of winning titles and representing us in European competition. They are good enough for where we are now, end of. To that end I am star-gazing a little and seeing what a huge amount of work has still to be done to build our squad up over the next two windows to a competitive squad for go for 55. Our task is being helped by our main rivals continued down-sizing, but I would expect them to strengthen in summer 16.

Their model has been to buy 2-4 young-ish European players at around £1-£2M and hope that one of them developes into a sellable asset for £10M. Van Dijk, Wanyama etc. This balances their books for them. That is something I would hope our management are keen to replicate.

What I mean by our off-field squad, is basically the guys who will be buying our players. The Chairman, board, Robertson, McParland, Warburton & Dickson. All these guys have to working together and be good enough at their jobs for us to grow and get things right going forward. I have not seen anything to the contrary but the big tests remain in the future.

Im far from panicking Bruno, believe me I am quite enjoying the football this season. I am however not getting carried away with what I am seeing as when I look at each player in our team I dont see anybody I would call a good player capable of winning titles and representing us in European competition. They are good enough for where we are now, end of. To that end I am star-gazing a little and seeing what a huge amount of work has still to be done to build our squad up over the next two windows to a competitive squad for go for 55. Our task is being helped by our main rivals continued down-sizing, but I would expect them to strengthen in summer 16.

Their model has been to buy 2-4 young-ish European players at around £1-£2M and hope that one of them developes into a sellable asset for £10M. Van Dijk, Wanyama etc. This balances their books for them. That is something I would hope our management are keen to replicate.

What I mean by our off-field squad, is basically the guys who will be buying our players. The Chairman, board, Robertson, McParland, Warburton & Dickson. All these guys have to working together and be good enough at their jobs for us to grow and get things right going forward. I have not seen anything to the contrary but the big tests remain in the future.

Let's wait and see tannoch as I've said many times it's just the beginning. The men the magic hat has brought on board have worked with him before I'm are we'll reap the benefit's and by the time we take our place in the spl I reckon they'll be at least four new players in our starting eleven...

Let's wait and see tannoch as I've said many times it's just the beginning. The men the magic hat has brought on board have worked with him before I'm are we'll reap the benefit's and by the time we take our place in the spl I reckon they'll be at least four new players in our starting eleven...

We will need more than that, given that three of our regular starters are leaving next summer. We must add a touch (or two) of genuine quality to break down these stubborn defences that are only going to be better organised and harder to breach as we go up in quality of opponent. Our defending (from front to back) has to improve many times over or the St Johnstone scenario of being picked off will be commonplace as our opponents get better at taking their few chances.

I just hope they realise how far away we are from being a good side and are planning appropriately. It would be easy to think we only need to tweak a little given our results to date, but the progress needs to be stepped up.

Talk of bringing in only 1 or 2 in January to protect "harmony" is all good and well, but that means it will have to be 7 or 8 new faces in the summer and then hit the ground running right away in the top tier with virtually a brand new team again. I think the better way to do it will be to bring in 3/4 players each window to replace the ones that are not up to it or are returning after loan spells. Taking sound bites from the manager and board, I just have some concerns (not losing sleep or anything!) that we are going to go into next season undercooked.

We will need more than that, given that three of our regular starters are leaving next summer. We must add a touch (or two) of genuine quality to break down these stubborn defences that are only going to be better organised and harder to breach as we go up in quality of opponent. Our defending (from front to back) has to improve many times over or the St Johnstone scenario of being picked off will be commonplace as our opponents get better at taking their few chances.

I just hope they realise how far away we are from being a good side and are planning appropriately. It would be easy to think we only need to tweak a little given our results to date, but the progress needs to be stepped up.

Talk of bringing in only 1 or 2 in January to protect "harmony" is all good and well, but that means it will have to be 7 or 8 new faces in the summer and then hit the ground running right away in the top tier with virtually a brand new team again. I think the better way to do it will be to bring in 3/4 players each window to replace the ones that are not up to it or are returning after loan spells. Taking sound bites from the manager and board, I just have some concerns (not losing sleep or anything!) that we are going to go into next season undercooked.

Chill tannoch chill lol

I think one of the worrying things is that we'vehad 4 games this season against what are ostensibly bread and butter, SP sides (Hibs three times and St Johnstone), and lost 50% of them.

The fact we were the better team is at least promising, but it's not a good record when you consider that this is the standard of team we will be facing most weeks next season, presuming we are promoted.

Celtic have drawn twice and lost once to SP teams in 15 games (in all competitions) and so if this was the our SP competition, we'd have to win all 11 games in hand to pip them by a point - then play them at least once and at minimum achieve a draw, to stay in the lead. Even if we count some of the wins in the bag from our the top of current league as being similar to the bottom of the SP, we're still talking about having to not drop a point from about 6 SP games.

But even taking the results as they are as if from one big division, we'd be 1 point ahead of a badly performing Celtic, despite having played mostly the bottom teams, while they've played mostly the top - and with one game due against them and another one soon after that.

I agree that this looks like too tall an order for our current side - and that's against a pretty poor Celtic side with an unconvincing manager who you'd be expect to be replaced by a better one next season as well as some marquee signings to "put us in our place".

We also had a bad month where we struggled to beat some championship sides, and you would guess that the likes of the 1-0 win against St Mirren, could easily become a 1-0 loss against the likes of Motherwell - while outplaying them overall.

We're winning most games and with some style, but the problem is that in the SP that is not enough to usurp Celtic, even at the level they have dropped to.