Transfer Deadline Day: Michael O'Halloran signs until 2020

For the sake of not forgetting to mention it (has been covered in a thread of its own):

RANGERS have opened talks with Jason Holt, Andy Halliday and Barrie McKay in a bid to tie the star trio down on improved Ibrox deals.

Some more rumours ...

Accies after Clark

HAMILTON Accies could launch a bid to keep Nicky Clark in Scotland, after Barnsley were linked with the Rangers striker.

But Accies boss Martin Canning sees Clark as the man to spearhead the New Douglas Park side’s top-six push. (Daily Express)

Barnsley keeping tabs on Nicky Law

BARELY 24 hours after being linked with Nicky Clark, Barnsley have also been credited with an interest in Rangers midfielder Nicky Law.

The ex-Motherwell man was a target for Brighton, Barnsley and Reading last season. (Daily Mail)

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/rumour-mill-efe-ambrose-to-china-ict-want-stokes-accies-eye-nicky-clark-law-to-barnsley-1-3993782

A bit from FF ...

Toumani Diagouraga

Rangers have put a bid in for him which Brentford have knocked back.

Just heard this today from a source close to the Academy.

http://forum.followfollow.com/showthread.php?1072761-Toumani-Diagouraga-%2872-Viewing%29

Just heard from a Rotherham contact, that rangers are trying to punt Templeton, Aird and Hardie around the championship clubs.

http://forum.followfollow.com/showthread.php?1072743-3-players-being-offered-out-%28including-Hardie%29-%2837-Viewing%29

Serious question, do you mean it's too little or too much? Or are you just suprised it's there at all?

How does £3.5M become "profiting to the tune of roughly £4M" if he does well? What's £500,000 between friends I suppose.

It's not a blog I read, as I don't find the quality of the writing very high...

Not sure where you get your data from, but Kiernan played about 3 months at Accrington Stanley 3 years ago, while Crooks has played 21 league games (5 goals, 2 assists) for AS this season, as a defensive midfielder.

Kiernan

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/rob-kiernan/profil/spieler/99463

Crooks

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/matt-crooks/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/169416/saison/2015/wettbewerb/GB4/verein/3688

Has no one noticed the amount of covering Kiernan has to do when tav disappears all the time? I think big Rob is a good player but he can't be everywhere when he's chasing a left winger that's tavs job....

Has no one noticed the amount of covering Kiernan has to do when tav disappears all the time? I think big Rob is a good player but he can't be everywhere when he's chasing a left winger that's tavs job....

Very much so. Perhaps we'll trial Tav further forward and give Sinnamon the odd starting slot at right back, just to see how it works. Likewise, this is the reason why we need a decent defensive midfielder, who can cover either the open fullback slots or the centre-half's place, should the latter get drawn to the flank.

Edited by der Berliner

I think If we had appointed any decent manager in 2012 we would be playing in the Premiership this season.

If we had appointed any decent board we'd be playing in the SP.

As for the manager, I think you're wrong. No decent manager would have finished last season without resigning - and the mananger with the best track record in the country had everything there for promotion and he failed (not McCoist) - if it were that simple, promotion would have been simple for him.

I think the blind distaste of McCoist clouds people's memory of the full circumstances of the last few seasons and it should be remembered that while there is a slim chance we could have been promoted one season earlier with a better manager, it could more likely have been at the expense of a multitude of previous trophies.

Re Toumani Diagouraga ... it is said that they rejected a loan-offer, which is unsurprising, as the lad has played all season for them and looks to be their main man in that position. He's contracted till summer 2017 and thus would cost quite a bit of money.

If we had appointed any decent board we'd be playing in the SP.

As for the manager, I think you're wrong. No decent manager would have finished last season without resigning - and the mananger with the best track record in the country had everything there for promotion and he failed (not McCoist) - if it were that simple, promotion would have been simple for him.

I think the blind distaste of McCoist clouds people's memory of the full circumstances of the last few seasons and it should be remembered that while there is a slim chance we could have been promoted one season earlier with a better manager, it could more likely have been at the expense of a multitude of previous trophies.

I agree the board was also to blame but Ally signed overrated overpaid players from when we were in the 3rd tier all the way up to the championship which was totally wrong IMO. His style of football was dire not only to watch but I'm sure it was to play that way at the levels we were playing at also. Yes the players need to take blame but the manager signed them and failed miserably. If we had a decent "manager" from the start I still believe we would be playing in the top league this season. I still like McCoist so it's nothing personal from me but he was not a good manager or even a manager IMO. I will leave it there as it's going off topic :)

Edited by johnnyk

In regards to Nicky Clark going out on loan to Hamilton, we should do it, I'd like to hang on to him as there is still potential there with him. If we bring in another striker let NK go to Hamilton and hope he gets some good form because next season I dont see us being able to keep playing Miller.

In regards to Nicky Clark going out on loan to Hamilton, we should do it, I'd like to hang on to him as there is still potential there with him. If we bring in another striker let NK go to Hamilton and hope he gets some good form because next season I dont see us being able to keep playing Miller.

Only if we bring in a centre forward id let Clark go cos we're very thin on strikers and we don't know what's around the corner with injuries. As for not playing Miller next season I wouldn't bet on it cos warbs hasn't a bad word to say about Kenny...