Rangers coach Ian Durrant raves about Jamie Barjonas after Youth Cup performance

The whole idea of youth teams is to develop young players who can make it in football,hopefully to our first team,not win the youth league or cup,and regardless of what we fans think it is the right thing to do and the club is,thankfully,getting this sorted as a priority after years of neglect.

Maybe only a few will go on to be great Rangers players,but it is right that we as a club try our utmost to develop as many players as is possible. With MW as our manager I believe will inspire young players even more to make it at Rangers as he has already proved he will give young players a chance of breaking into the first team.

If I was a young player who had enough ability then I would want to sign for Rangers,even if I was not good enough to make it as a Rangers first team player I know I would be given every chance to do so,that is the message that Rangers are trying to put out.

Jamie has done really well in the 20's games he has played this season as have other Under 17's Liam Burt, Kyle Bradley and Zak Rudden.

It should be noted that the St.Mirren team included Kyle McAllister who is also 17 next month and was released by Sinclair. Goal scorer and 1st team regular Jack Baird and winger Lewis Morgan who has also featured in their first team are also both former Rangers players released by Sinclair.

Sinclair was told by ally that he wanted to see the boys before he let them go last season as he let a lot of good players leave the club.

Who's paying for that Steve? Lol..

Erasmus a student exchange are paying part and I would imagine the academy are paying the rest. As far as I know the academy's finances are separate to the clubsthus I don't think the club will be paying towards it.