Rangers to appeal against Andy Halliday red card

That this act of simulation supported an error of judgement by the Match Referee that Andrew Halliday had head-butted you upon the face or head, and caused the Match Referee to make an incorrect decision to dismiss Andrew Halliday for the offence of violent conduct.

If you read that literally, then Halliday has no case to answer and the appeal is a formality because I suspect that the rules do not allow the Compliance Officer to rescind the red card without a hearing.

That said, the shoulder charge itself was border line violent, and may well merit a yellow card, so that might be the outcome.

Furthermore, it is entirley possible that the referee ALSO dismissed him for the kick, in which case the outcome will be different; unless as I suggested earlier it is seen more as a "kicking gesture", in which case IF he was also sent off for violent conduct in respect of the kick, that MAY be reduced to a yellow card.

Again, if the offence(s) are both deemed worthy of a yellow, then 2 yellows make a red, even when they are in quick succession and the first yellow has not been administered. (see also #8)

So there are a still a range of possible outcomes and I am sure that Rangers and Halliday would gladly accept one yellow overall because it was a doubly bad reaction, albeit he took a kick on the ankle from behind.

Edited by BrahimHemdani