Miller, Shiels and Zinedine Law?

I debated with myself whether I should post this on a Friday night after a decent home result and a few sherbits rather than Sat afternoon or not... as I felt it might not gain the traction among the forum bears that I feel it deserves. In saying that I fully admit I am being a little facetious with the question.

Kenny Miller, we already know quite early in MW's tenure, has earned himself a new contract. However should we also offer these two also rans a new contract too? The reason I ask is quite simply a morale question.

The word coming out of the camp in the early days of the season was that John Eustace contribution was a vital component in the squads morale. Securing John as a player, for various reasons, never quite worked out and so John returned to whence he came. However... from my perspective his absence has left an opportunity for anyone within the current setup to make that role their own.

Hey presto... as if by magic... a couple of characters emerge like a rabbit out of the magic hat. Those characters are none other than our own Dean Sheils and Nicky Law. Now I have to admit neither of these two players, with the exception of a sporadic deft touch here and there by Dean, have ingratiated themselves to me nor their vision or play styles. That however doesn't quite tell the full story though. The reason it doesn't is that, almost to a man, every single young and relatively inexperienced youthful player in our various squads has lauded each of these fellows as both exceptional talents and also as a crucial link in the chain towards the first team.

My question therefore is; on this basis should we offer these two an extension to their contracts or do you feel that the endorsement by the youths it just a jobs for the boys routine?

Shake their hands and wish them all the best fof the future.

I take it by that you don't feel they are up to the current squads remit... i.e. you don't feel they have the necessary skill levels in any capacity nor are they even Rangers class?

I take it by that you don't feel they are up to the current squads remit... i.e. you don't feel they have the necessary skill levels in any capacity nor are they even Rangers class?

Thats correct,They were not last year or this year either. MW wants to have a tight squad----room will have to be made,they are reasonable players but we need better.

Thats correct,They were not last year or this year either. MW wants to have a tight squad----room will have to be made,they are reasonable players but we need better.

I fully agree with your appraisal of both in terms of their on the pitch contibution... however that's not really my question.

Doesn't their wages rule them out?

Absolutely yes it does... especially if there is any veracity in the suggestion that they are in receipt of the £5-7k per week region.

Edited by Big Jaws
Addition of pound sign £

Wish them all the best however we need a bit more quality if we are going to progress when we go up. Get them off the wage bill and I'm sure MW will have his eye on new signings to strengthen.

Good result tonight, job done and another sharp performance I felt.

I fully agree with your appraisal of both in terms of their on the pitch contibution... however that's not really my question.

What other players think(youth or not),is neither here nor there,if the manager thinks they are surplus they go.

What other players think(youth or not),is neither here nor there,if the manager thinks they are surplus they go.

Indeed... I don't have any issues with that Limeburner... if the manager says no then ta ta bella! The reason I asked is because MW seams to prefer youth on the park (energy) while he covets experience off it (motivational/emotional/frame of mind). He does always talk about the right character both on the field, in the dressing room and in public life.

Edited by Big Jaws