Chairman Thanks Fans For Loyalty

ON a day that marks the end of one significant part of our journey and heralds the beginning of another I thank all of you, every Rangers supporter, for your loyalty and your belief.

I hope you enjoy the Championship presentation today. As befits our status as the most successful club in Scotland it is important that Rangers continues to accumulate the game’s most valuable silverware and titles.

As a life-long supporter myself, it is a particular honour to be Chairman of Rangers Football Club and to be able to confirm what you, our supporters, already know- that the process of rebuilding this Club is well underway and will continue.

Solid foundations have been put down since regime change just more than a year ago and the product on the pitch has been greatly improved since the arrival of Mark Warburton, David Weir and their new-look backroom team.

We have secured promotion in style, playing an entertaining brand of attacking football which helped us win the Petrofac Training Cup and secure a well deserved victory over Celtic to reach the Scottish Cup final. The manager and the team believed beforehand that they could beat Celtic and there were tears rolling down the faces of every single Board member when this transpired at the end of a pulsating and emotional game.

We know what that victory meant to our supporters. This is what it is about. Everything we have done, and continue to do since regime change is for moments like last Sunday at Hampden. To see the reaction of the fans was phenomenal for everybody associated with the Club. It was a measure of how far we’ve come since last season.

Our benchmark remains beating Celtic and even though we won on penalties the fact is that Rangers out-played Celtic. You could see on the pitch that Celtic were giving Rangers’ footballing qualities a level of respect by firstly sitting deep and then pushing players forward in a futile attempt to force our keeper to play the long ball.

This victory over our arch rivals was particularly satisfying given that we deliberately built this team to win the Championship and were always going to add to the squad for next season. It was good to see this teamnot just hold up against Celtic but beat them. This bodes well for next season when additional players will be introduced to improve and extend the playing squad. We won’t become complacent on the back of one victory over Celtic. Our ambitions are bigger than that.

If we are fortunate to win the cup final – and we still have a tough game against a good Hibs side to do that – it would get us into Europe a year ahead of schedule. The original plan was to win the Championship this year, improve the squad and challenge for the Premiership next season and hopefully return to Europe the following season. It would be a real bonus if we could accelerate the European part of it by a season.

We are all looking forward to competing at the highest level and once again delivering the success that Rangers fans deserve. Our supporters, as ever, have played a key role in our success and your contribution will not be forgotten – or taken for granted.

I hope you all enjoy today’s celebrations. It will be a proud moment to see the trophy being presented after the game knowing we will be back competing in the top flight next season and beyond.

On behalf of the Board, Management Team and Staff at Rangers, I thank you for your continued and loyal support.

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/chairman-thanks-fans-loyalty/

Great statement and I, for one, back him to the hilt.

To think where we were this time last year....compared to now.

Warburton of course deserves most of the plaudits but who put him there?

Well done Dave King.

The board stepped up, ousted the parasites from our/their club and we really should be grateful for that and now back the team/manager/board all the way,if only we could get fat Ashley out of the merchandising onerous contract,I honestly think ST sales will increase massively for the coming season