Next Seasons Newbies

Surely its the quality of the player, not the club they come from? Gravesen has been a waste of money and everyone has to start somewhere. You have guys like Broadfoot who've managed to play 150 games for St. Miren learning their trade and earning a move to a bigger club. Where hopefully a better standard of team mate, opposition (in europe) and coaching staff should improve him even more.

Agree with R.B in that i can't understand the knocking of guys who've yet to play for us whilst backing Sebo etc. These young scots coming in have proven they are better SPL standard players and have yet to be tested further.

I agree, i don't see how these guy's can't be first team players. Did Davy Cooper, Colin Stein etc not come from Scottish clubs?

Alan Hansen played for Thistle before Liverpool.

Scotland used to be a breeding ground for excellent players,why is it unthinkable we can get back to that level.

Gribz i for one am happy with the contributions of hutton and adam this season. they have had their bad patches but what player doesnt? Adam has already knotched up ten goals this season which tells me he has the potential to be a little bit more than a squad player. As for hutton, well it doesnt matter what this lad does he will always have half the support on his back. hes been consistennt enough to warrant his first team slot this season.

I have been a fan of Hutton this season, i think he has proved critics wrong and been a very decent RB. But Adam has been poor more than anything else, and to think he claimed he could be a new Albertz earlier in the season :D

They (along with others) are average SPL players at best and thats why we finished 3rd last season and are fighting for 2nd this season. If we want to challenge for the title our first team has to be a lot better. We are 20odd points Celtic - thats a quarter of a seasons worth of games we need to over- turn to be better than them so we need more quality.

Granted, PLG didnt have a clue and these guys may come better under WS, one thing is for sure, they will give more effort!!.

Surely its the quality of the player, not the club they come from? Gravesen has been a waste of money and everyone has to start somewhere. You have guys like Broadfoot who've managed to play 150 games for St. Miren learning their trade and earning a move to a bigger club. Where hopefully a better standard of team mate, opposition (in europe) and coaching staff should improve him even more.

Possibly S_A, but has the 3 we have pre-signed made you stand up and say "they are going to take us to the next level"? Granted Gow and Broadfoot are new to the scene but McDonald has been around and nobody has ever said he would do a good job for us!!

Yes, Gravesen hasnt set the SPL alight but my point was aiming towards the fact Celtic are looking at players from big clubs while we are tapping small Scottish sides for there supposed better players.

I'll certainly hold my hands up if they prove me wrong. I did it with Ferguson this season when he was playing poor and now im giving him praise for turning his game round and being MOTM everyweek.

I agree, i don't see how these guy's can't be first team players. Did Davy Cooper, Colin Stein etc not come from Scottish clubs?

Alan Hansen played for Thistle before Liverpool.

Scotland used to be a breeding ground for excellent players,why is it unthinkable we can get back to that level.

Pete, no way IMO, the scottish game has went downhill and backwards, but its more the fault of the people who run the game more than the talent. The SFL got a report the other day stated it was an un-suitable organisation and being ran victoria style.