Next Seasons Newbies

What else can be done is capturing experience players on Bosmans. AM had some limited success in this market (Frank De Boer, Prso, Boumsong (if we are to believe the mint that he was a bosman!!!) etc).

Craptic have done this with Vinger of Castlemilk, why shouldn't we be looking at bringing decent, experience European players in on Bosmans? Klos will leave at the end of the season freeing up �£35K per week on wages - more than enough to secure a Vinger of Castlemilk type player.

Unfortunately, having a team full of 'promising' Scottish youngsters isn't going to see us dominate Scottish football for decades nor will it see us progressing in Europe, especially in the CL.

Rangers IMO should be setting our sights a lot higher.

If Rangers had, when DA left, invested heavily in the youth academy, we would be bearing fruit at this point. What I mean by that is setting up academies world wide and bringing the best players from all over to Ibrox. We would still be in the same position on the field, but we would have a shit load of players ready to break into the first team.

Unfortunately, David Murray doesn't do 'forward thinking'

Cammy F

Agreed mate, in WS though we have a very shrewd manager and i'm in no doubt he will be able to bring in the type of player that will do a job for us, i just wish he can get some decent cash as i believe he would use it wisely, but i'm not holding my breathe for that, i think i'm just hopefull he will be able to work miracles :sigh:

The way I look at it is that Walter will be looking to offload some of PLG's disaster buys in the summer eg Sionko/Sebo/Papac and look to replace them with 3-4 quality experienced players to supplement the young Scottish players he's signed uptil now. With the likely sale of Buffel and retirement of Klos he should have the wages available to do this. The likes of Broadfoot/Gow etc will be squad players who he will hope can develop into dependable 1st team perfromers.

The 3-4 quality experienced players I have in mind would form the 'spine' of the team ie goalkeeper, a centre half, midfielder and striker.

Malky

Some interesting points that some posters think these signings will be squad players with the duds leaving and then 3 or 4 more players coming in as first team players.

However, I dont see this, hopefully im wrong. The guys coming in arent any better than Sionko and Papac, but I dont know about Sebo as he hasnt had a chance yet.

If we are to move onto a better level and compete even domestically again we need better signings. I dont see us winning many trophies in Scotland unless these experienced players come in.

IMO our top targets should be a better keeper, another midfielder and a striker (if Novo, Sebo leave). But im still hoping for Lee McCulloch and id welcome a Lovenkrands return.

A RB may also be required.

Some interesting points that some posters think these signings will be squad players with the duds leaving and then 3 or 4 more players coming in as first team players.

However, I dont see this, hopefully im wrong. The guys coming in arent any better than Sionko and Papac, but I dont know about Sebo as he hasnt had a chance yet.

If we are to move onto a better level and compete even domestically again we need better signings. I dont see us winning many trophies in Scotland unless these experienced players come in.

IMO our top targets should be a better keeper, another midfielder and a striker (if Novo, Sebo leave). But im still hoping for Lee McCulloch and id welcome a Lovenkrands return.

A RB may also be required.

Gribz, I think you are being too kind to the players that are here and who we know are coming. IMO the only players that I'd have in my team on a consistant basis are Fergie and Thomson - and possibly Hendami. The others, due to various reasons are no more than squad players.

We urgently require a keeper, right and left back, centre half, wide players and 2 strikers.

Like you, I'd take Lovenkrands back, I'd go for McCulloch but by fook, WS has his work cut out.

I still seriously doubt many Rangers fans realise how far behind DOMESTICALLY we are both on and off the field. With Craptic likely to spend and spend big in the summer, they are dissappearing over the horizon.

Cammy F

The guys coming in arent any better than Sionko and Papac, but I dont know about Sebo as he hasnt had a chance yet.

I dont Understand, the guys coming in arent good enough when they havent had a chance yet, then you use the same excuse to defend Sebo, these guys have impressed in thier current smaller clubs and are young, surely they can only improve as players while at Rangers.

Gribz, I think you are being too kind to the players that are here and who we know are coming.

Cammy F

Quite possibly Cammy, as I dont think Broadfoot, Gow and McDonald are any better than what we have. But as you say WS has his work cut out and I dont think it can all be done this summer.

So to get the ball rolling we identify who is good enough to get us to the next level. I would add Ehiogu, Webster, Weir and Smith to your list of Ferguson, Hemdani and Thompson. I think Buffel is a possibility aswell if he can get his finger out. Obviously Prso aswell if he is fit.

The likes of Mcgregor, Murray, Hutton, Burke, Adam, Boyd etc will all make good squad players eventually but they will be first teamers next season.

I dont Understand, the guys coming in arent good enough when they havent had a chance yet, then you use the same excuse to defend Sebo, these guys have impressed in thier current smaller clubs and are young, surely they can only improve as players while at Rangers.

Ok, you have a point that they havent had a chance yet but they havent over impressed. IMO taking 1 or 2 SPL players is ok for the squad but if we have approx 7 or 8 in the team then we are going to be at the level of the other SPL clubs. - Thats simply not good enough for us as it shows we are going backwards.

Surely we should be aiming higher than St Mirren, Motherwell and Falkirk players when our rivals are signing from the likes of Real Madrid

Ok, you have a point that they havent had a chance yet but they havent over impressed. IMO taking 1 or 2 SPL players is ok for the squad but if we have approx 7 or 8 in the team then we are going to be at the level of the other SPL clubs. - Thats simply not good enough for us as it shows we are going backwards.

Surely we should be aiming higher than St Mirren, Motherwell and Falkirk players when our rivals are signing from the likes of Real Madrid

Your right, we should be aiming for a lot better quality players and like Cammy says we need a cash injection, i just didnt agree that the guys that are coming in are no better than Sionko and Papac, they might not be what we should be buying but IMO they are still an improvement on what we have just now.

Aye, but the thing is, we cannot afford to buy like C****c full stop, our problems are off the park, but the minute anybody starts to criticise DM they get shot down in flames.The players we are bringing in are first team players, with WS,and us, hoping they grow and develope into top players.

Quite possibly Cammy, as I dont think Broadfoot, Gow and McDonald are any better than what we have. But as you say WS has his work cut out and I dont think it can all be done this summer.

So to get the ball rolling we identify who is good enough to get us to the next level. I would add Ehiogu, Webster, Weir and Smith to your list of Ferguson, Hemdani and Thompson. I think Buffel is a possibility aswell if he can get his finger out. Obviously Prso aswell if he is fit.

The likes of Mcgregor, Murray, Hutton, Burke, Adam, Boyd etc will all make good squad players eventually but they will be first teamers next season.

Gribz i for one am happy with the contributions of hutton and adam this season. they have had their bad patches but what player doesnt? Adam has already knotched up ten goals this season which tells me he has the potential to be a little bit more than a squad player. As for hutton, well it doesnt matter what this lad does he will always have half the support on his back. hes been consistennt enough to warrant his first team slot this season.

Surely its the quality of the player, not the club they come from? Gravesen has been a waste of money and everyone has to start somewhere. You have guys like Broadfoot who've managed to play 150 games for St. Miren learning their trade and earning a move to a bigger club. Where hopefully a better standard of team mate, opposition (in europe) and coaching staff should improve him even more.

Agree with R.B in that i can't understand the knocking of guys who've yet to play for us whilst backing Sebo etc. These young scots coming in have proven they are better SPL standard players and have yet to be tested further.