Motherwell next week.

They look ripe for the taking, this is the team listed as having being fielded yesterday with squad number beside each name which I got from the official Motherwell website.

McHugh was not listed on their site so had no squad number but it looks like they fielded pretty much their first choice defence and were slaughtered.

In this type of match there is no point in Motherwell "parking the bus" as so many do against Rangers and I'm confident we will score probably more than once so if we can prevent them scoring it should be a win.

Samson 1

Tait 2

Hammell 3

Heneghan 4

McManus 6

Cadden 12

McDonald 77

McHugh ?

Blyth 19

Johnson 11

Lasley 14

Edited by JFK-1

If they do then it will be a bold move. Can't see them play like Championship sides with McGhee at the helm.

I think aside from anything else they would surely be expecting to beat everyone else in the group to qualify even if this game were a loss. May as well try to play rather than bore their fans. At least try to win.

I think aside from anything else they would surely be expecting to beat everyone else in the group to qualify even if this game were a loss. May as well try to play rather than bore their fans. At least try to win.

The fans who've got tickets will be right up for this game as will those who don't (like me) and so will Rangers FC and Motherwell FC...it's a big starter for 10 shoved upon both clubs.

McGhee vs MW in July...Tasty.

The fans who've got tickets will be right up for this game as will those who don't (like me) and so will Rangers FC and Motherwell FC...it's a big starter for 10 shoved upon both clubs.

McGhee vs MW in July...Tasty.

Tasty earner for Motherwell and they're taking full advantage. The match with Rangers is on TV but despite that is advertised as all ticket so presumably a sell out even though the match is on TV and an adult ticket costs £15 while a concession is £10

Contrast that with their next home match in the group against East Stirlingshire which is NOT on TV and NOT all ticket and prices are £10 for an adult ticket and £7 for a concession.

Of course they don't need Rangers, no one does. There must be a strange difference in their world between what they appear to really like and what they don't need.

Rangers getting gubbed again like last year against 'Well will be comforting to the filth as much as to the 'Well fans.

This game is too early for the filth to gauge where Rangers are, but another 'message' of our intentions (6-2 Hibs) wouldn't go amiss.

Rangers getting gubbed again like last year against 'Well will be comforting to the filth as much as to the 'Well fans.

This game is too early for the filth to gauge where Rangers are, but another 'message' of our intentions (6-2 Hibs) wouldn't go amiss.

Even if this game were a loss for us there is no way it will be anything approaching "gubbed"

All the manager said about who will be playing is that some of the new signings notably Rossiter, Barton, and Kranjcar wont play but I expect this will still be as potent a team as we typically fielded last season and all things being equal if hibs can walk over them so easily I would think we can win this.

Ideally even comfortably like our first competitive match of last season and while such a walkover is not a neccessity it would indeed be nice to punish them with a good hiding while terrorising future opposition who could only be intimidated by the thought that this wasn't even the first choice 11 and maybe not even the final squad yet with talk of further signings to come still doing the rounds.