Motherwell next week.

That may be so but we should still want to win this one regardless. I want some sort of revenge on Motherwell following the play-off a year ago. I suspect many of our supoort do too.

I didn't say we don't want to win the game or that the XI that are selected won't be bothered. It's just the game comes at a time when we will be 'undercooked' and when there are greater priorities. We'll have to wait and see how it pans out.

As I understood it, MW places a lot of importance in drilling the tactical organisation into the squad at this time of year and playng 4 in 9 days simply means that you can't do both, the necessary organisation and lay importance on these fixtures.

I didn't say we don't want to win the game or that the XI that are selected won't be bothered.

It might even be argued that whoever he fields will be super motivated if they aren't an automatic first choice. Anybody in that position will want to impress to change his status as back up.

Like we did to hibz by beating them 6-2 at the start of last season

Yes but this came after the pre-season, not half-way through.....and we had everyone available.

That said, just had a look and Motherwell will play their 5th friendly v Hibs tomorrow (probably be more or less the team to play us) but have had a couple of shocking results, beaten by Cowdenbeath and Arbroath !!

Incidentally for anyone who thinks Motherwell can win this match you can currently get 3/1 on them while Rangers are 13/12

What price is available on Rangers winning the league?

Thought it would have been bigger odds than that tbh,however still worth a score!

Been fluctuating between 3/1 and 4/1 and i'm guessing it may fall if we get a good start with some impressive preformaces and a good harvest of goals which I would say isn't beyone the realms of possibility. With a good goal scoring performance against Hamilton in the first match we might even top the league at the end of the first day.

In an ideal world i'm looking to win the first 4 matches then go to parkhead for the 5th match and snatch an away win to demoralise the contenders and make them dread their visit to Ibrox and establish a lead that may be difficult to erode once we're riding the crest of a wave so to speak.

Also Joey Barton humiliates "Broony" and the frustrated Broony is red carded and trudges off with his baldy heid in his hands while whimpering "ahm better than him ahv goat 50 caps"

I would guess that the hibs match will mark the compeletion of Motherwells pre season with 5 matches under their belts so they are likely to be fielding their first 11 and if we can beat them with a side that is far from our first 11 we will be setting down a marker that will send fear throughout the league as they all begin wondering what the first 11 can do.

Then a total crushing of Hamilton and the fear becomes terror. All of the above is our ideal outcome for the start of this campaign.

Edited by JFK-1