Chris Burke scores first ever goal for Ross County!

Chris mother*cking Burke! Is that where he is now? There was a time when I thought he'd be a player for us. He seemed to rub Rangers fans up the wrong way but he was a player I always wanted to do well for us.

He went on and had a decent career. Presumably his knees have gone or something because he was playing at a much higher level until fairly recently and he's only 32.

He went on and had a decent career. Presumably his knees have gone or something because he was playing at a much higher level until fairly recently and he's only 32.

I remember being at Ibrox for a League Cup tie against St Johnstone in 2003 and thinking we'd found the new Baxter.

You win some, you lose some.

I wish him all the best, like I say, a guy I always willed to make a career for himself at Rangers. As you say, he made a decent career for himself, I just hoped for so much more when he broke through.

I remember being at Ibrox for a League Cup tie against St Johnstone in 2003 and thinking we'd found the new Baxter.

You win some, you lose some.

I wish him all the best, like I say, a guy I always willed to make a career for himself at Rangers. As you say, he made a decent career for himself, I just hoped for so much more when he broke through.

Yeah, he did show a lot of early promise, but it faded away. I was surprised to see him do well in England. Perhaps poor management/coaching on our part.

I remember there being real excitement when he burst onto the scene. He did look phenomenally talented and I can remember him coming on as a sub at Ibrox in his early career and there being real excitement in the crowd.

Yeah, he did show a lot of early promise, but it faded away. I was surprised to see him do well in England. Perhaps poor management/coaching on our part.

I remember there being real excitement when he burst onto the scene. He did look phenomenally talented and I can remember him coming on as a sub at Ibrox in his early career and there being real excitement in the crowd.

That would have been his debut in the 2001/02 season, when he came on as a sub at home to Kilmarnock for his debut.

One of only two times I've ever seen a Rangers scorer's name and thought, sorry who?

The other was Fabrice Fernandes.