Ach a few months ago everyone was having a go because we were trying to walk the ball into the net. To much passing was the cry.

The main point of bother, back then and now, was and is that people are not "being brave enough" (as MW put it) by simply having a shot at goal. That was where Forrester, Dodoo and Windass came in, as they were more enthusiastic about shooting. Not least Dodoo, who has been given far too less game-time IMHO, despite his injury. But that is probably also due to the fact that we could not put games to bed early on and laboured to wins and draws and "had to" rely on the more experienced warhorses.

Hardie always struck me as too lightweight for a main striker, but he's been putting goals away and that is the most important point. Arguably, the EPL Youth league (or whatever is called) is probably more challenging that anything Hardie had to face in recent years, so that is why Dodoo has come in and Hardie was being send out to play Championship stuff. Toughen up and play reguarly. Too bad, it didn't work out fr Dodoo just yet, but he's young.

I'm disappointed for the lad: He seems to score quite a good few goals at SC-level so I think he deserves a shot at the first-team, with a few appearances here and there. I wonder what MW thinks is missing? He maybe is too lightweight for the role MW wants, but he's still only 19, so it may come.

Edited by Rousseau

Yep, tie him down on a longer deal and send him to England or the like.

I wouldn't mind if we - finally - create some co-operation with a continental (preferably German / Holland) team and send our youngsters to train there and get some game time in the lower leagues (quite a few have "colt" teams). Speaking of which, RB Leipzig is said to have a fine youth setup ...

Edited by der Berliner