Mark Warburton lands US kid skipper Emerson Hyndman

This guy is 20 years old, I hope he can improve the team immediately or what is the point?, why not give Burt or Jordan Thomson a run?

Probably because MW thinks Hyndman is a better player than them

Edited by RANGERRAB

Probably because MW thinks Hyndman is a better player than them

Obviously, however it is not them he needs to be better than!, for a six month loan he needs to improve the first team, and be better than the first team players otherwise what is the point?

Having just watched MW interview I can understand why he wants him, I'm just expecting any loan players to come in for six months have to be able to improve the 1st team.

Edited by ian1964

I really don't see the point in signings like this for where we are just now when we badly need to be developing our own talent. I'd only be keen on this if it was with a view to a permanent transfer, and if he's worth more than a bag of quavers then that doesn't seem likely.

It's also worth pointing out that while Bournemouth are doing well this season, they don't have a great squad and ex-Aberdeen player Ryan Fraser regularly plays in midfield. However, as with any half decent player from the English leagues, he should walk this league if he's any good.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

Now we've found our feet back in the top division, It is clear that MW & DW are now trying to improve the quality of the squad for the rest of this season and beyond.

It has to be hoped this signing along with Toral will do that even if just in the short term. I also think we'll try to offload two or three players who haven't quite made their mark

The SC is all we have left this season & it is important we play in Europe again after a six year absence.

Edited by RANGERRAB

Wil power New Rangers signing Emerson Hyndman hopes tutorials from Jack Wilshere will help him become a hit at Ibrox

The young American believes training alongside the England star every day for the past six months has helped him enormously

NEW Rangers signing Emerson Hyndman is hoping tutorials from Jack Wilshere will help him become a hit at Ibrox.

The young American, who penned a six-month loan deal at Ibrox, was the England midfielder’s understudy at Bournemouth.

And the 20-year-old believes training alongside Wilshere every day for the past six months has helped him enormously.He said: “It is always good to have a player like him at any club. He*brings a different kind of class to a team like Bournemouth.

“Immediately you could see his quality and every day you learned different things from him.“Being up against him you learn how he moves and how he thinks. I have learned a lot from him.”

Hyndman, who made his first start for the Cherries in Saturday’s FA Cup loss at Millwall, had a number of options when the transfer window opened.He was attracted north because Gers manager Mark Warburton and Bournemouth gaffer Eddie Howe have the same footballing philosophy.

The playmaker also has links to Glasgow having been close to Celtic pair Patrick Roberts and Moussa Dembele from time together at Fulham.SunSport can reveal he spoke to Roberts today*after sealing his switch to Glasgow.

He said: “There were a few clubs in the mix but the manager here really explained what he wanted to do, both with Bournemouth and with me“He’s developed players from the lower leagues to the Premier League, which is a huge achievement, so I knew he was well respected for that.“I think they have a similar style and a similar way of playing and that makes an easy transition.”

Hyndman feels the prospect of playing in front of a sold-out Ibrox every other week will enhance his development.He said: “There are good players here and it is an opportunity for me to play not just in a good environment but in front of 50,000 fans at home, which is unbelievable.“I knew about Rangers growing up. It is one of those worldwide brands.”

Warburton was delighted to land Hyndman but admits Gers still struggle financially even when it comes to loan signings.He said: “He has a really bright future and we are delighted to get him.

“If we can make him a better player and then send him back it will help us with relationships going forward.“It is never about numbers, it is about quality.

“People have to appreciate the salaries that are being paid.

“The wages being paid down south are incredible so we rely on relationships as it is the only way we can move it forward.”

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/410194/new-rangers-signing-emerson-hyndman-hopes-tutorials-from-jack-wilshere-will-help-him-become-a-hit-at-ibrox/

I'm really not sure I see the point of us signing players on a 6 month loan with the objective of "sending him back a better player". How does that advance the cause of Glasgow Rangers?

We have been well served by American players in the past: Claudio Reyna was a very talented midfielder who captained his country and played in 4 World Cups for the US; Maurice Edu was a much stronger player than many gave him credit for, much under-rated IMO; and de Marcus Beasley could devastate defences when the mood took him (unfortunately not very often) but did score that memorable third goal in Lyon. But unless we can sign them to normal contracts I agree with those who say we should give our own youngsters a game first.

What this does say to me is that MW recognises that absent: Barton, Kranjcar and Rossiter (who appears to be the next thing to a write off unfortunately), Windass isn't good enough to hold down a place in CMF and Crooks isn't good enough to get a game at all (and should be shipped out asap); plus he knows that he needs to challenge Halliday and Holt.

However, it seems clear that DK will not loosen the purse strings sufficiently to allow decent purchases at this point in time because he feels confident that we can secure Europe with the current squad and a few temporary reinforcements.

The real problem, as I've argued here before will come next July if and when we are in the Europa League Q1 with the more or less the same team as we have now.