Dave King defies Takeover Panel order to issue £11m buyout offer

An ex Gersnet poster who could see a clear case of mistaken identity felt he should try to put matters right.

The blogger has now accepted that he was wrong and I'm told he has published a retraction and an apology.

Glad to hear it and apology accepted.

Unfortunately, doubts over the providence and intentions of the blogger in question remain so until he removes the divisive elements of his content then I'm afraid the ban on links to his blog remain.

For the avoidance of doubt, this isn't to insulate Dave King (or anyone else) from valid criticism but when someone, from the outset, deceives supporters for reasons known only to themselves then it makes their position immediately untenable for me. Of course King and many other bit-part players deserve criticism and must be held to account now and in the future but if your criticism comes from such a weak position (and is accompanied by abuse and insult) then it's difficult to take it seriously.

Now, myself and this website/forum are far from perfect as well. However, we do publish content from a wide variety of people and such opinion is always presented in an entirely honest fashion. There's no editorial line and we're happy to provide discussion on any subject (or individual) as long as it's fair, objective and well-intentioned. With that in mind, that's the least we can ask of sites we link to and I think that's a reasonable position to adopt.

Thanks BH, and I may have misunderstood the consequences. I've read many so called damning articles on what DK is doing but none of them seem that material or relevant to me so if there's anything you can tell me I'd appreciate it.

It will only be my opinion of course and my opinion is not always very welcome by some as you may have noticed; but I'll try to put something together. I may try to answer you and Craig at the same time; but I don't think it will be tonight now.

Please consider coming to the dinner, where you'll meet some of the lads and share opinions!

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Glad to hear it and apology accepted.

Unfortunately, doubts over the providence and intentions of the blogger in question remain so until he removes the divisive elements of his content then I'm afraid the ban on links to his blog remain.

For the avoidance of doubt, this isn't to insulate Dave King (or anyone else) from valid criticism but when someone, from the outset, deceives supporters for reasons known only to themselves then it makes their position immediately untenable for me. Of course King and many other bit-part players deserve criticism and must be held to account now and in the future but if your criticism comes from such a weak position (and is accompanied by abuse and insult) then it's difficult to take it seriously.

Now, myself and this website/forum are far from perfect as well. However, we do publish content from a wide variety of people and such opinion is always presented in an entirely honest fashion. There's no editorial line and we're happy to provide discussion on any subject (or individual) as long as it's fair, objective and well-intentioned. With that in mind, that's the least we can ask of sites we link to and I think that's a reasonable position to adopt.

For the avoidance of doubt I have no idea who the blogger in question is nor am I interested, I have never read any of his stuff and precious few other blogs at all; and only read the piece because BD was kind enough to draw my attention to it as it referenced my RST AGM Statement from 2010.

It is simply the case that I was approached last night as I indicated and was happy once I'd verified the reason for the intervention, to pass on the message.

It seems a fair retraction and apology to me. I did also take it on myself to pass on the suggestion that the offending tweet(s) be removed (though that may already have been done) and I am told that at least one (offending tweet) has been removed.

That said, I am not sure that I am 100% in agreement with everything you say because it has quite often been the case in the past and indeed the very recent past that comment on here has been accompanied by foul or abusive remarks that personally I find objectionable e.g "sticking them up your f&king arse"; but apparently are considered acceptable.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Of course such comments are not considered acceptable and, if seen and/or reported, would be removed and the author asked to refrain. Out of all the forums, I'd fancy this one has much less foul language and abuse than any other. Sure the traffic may be lower but the point stands.

Moreover, there's a big difference between the odd bit of bad language and systematic mischief-making founded on lies.