Dumbarton v Rangers U20s

So that's where Kyle Hutton is these days. Surely at some point Hardie needs to get a run in the 1st team? He's either good enough or he's not but there's only one way to tell, but he keeps scoring goals at whatever level he's playing so far.

Related to this competition I was watching some of these interviews Si Ferry has being doing. He's just done with Kris Boyd and it's actually pretty good. Boyd speaks surprisingly well and clearly fancies a career in broadcasting in the future. One thing Boyd spoke about that I though was interesting was the demise of reserve team football in Scotland. In Boyd's opinion this was a huge loss and he credited being able to play with, and against, adult professionals in reserve football as one of the things that allowed him to progress as a young player. He felt quite strongly that only by playing in competitive matches with seasoned professionals can young players learn and develop. It was interesting as I've not heard many players express this recently.

It's a decent interview apart from that. He speaks about coming through at Kilmarnock and signing for Rangers, then the PLG time and Walter returning.

A bit belated, but I went along and was slightly impressed. We dominated the midfield against a full strength championship team, and looked a lot more solid than last year against Stenhousemuir. A lot of that was down to Jason Holt, who's attitude was superb. Barjonas and Beerman also impressed. Finishing let us down, and defending was poor though. So just like the first team, then!

I couldn't help but reminisce about when Kyle Hutton was Motm against Man U & Valencia in the champions league. What might have been.. though dropping 3 divisions probably never helped his development.