Development Squad v Brighton Hove Albion

The reason we are not playing in the development league is because the boys are so young I thought.

I don't think that is the reason pete. I think it is because the club want them exposed to different styles of football from different nations.

Was this a young rangers team , some of the names seem to have been playing below U20

Both teams were of a similar age, one of the parents said the Brighton team was U18 - 6 of their team was U18 in English terms, 2 of them would be classed as U19 in Scotland. the other players used were a year older and two U20's. Rangers also fielded 6 U18 players in the staring lineup, as were two of the subs, the others were U19 but included an U21 in Ryan Hardie.

I very much doubt any of their players were regulars in their under 23 side as they played and lost 5-1 to WBA on Monday. Only three of last night's team were involved, Max Sanders and David Ajiboye came on as subs, Issac Hutchinson played the whole game and came on as a sub against Rangers.

The majority of the Brighton team played against Chelsea U18's in February a game they lost 13-0.

Edited by elfideldo

Murty's remarks on the game:

https://rangers.co.uk/news/academy-news/murty-proud-wanted-win/

Interesting bit:

“I look at the back four, and they were very fatigued towards the end. We made the decision they weren’t coming off as they have to experience being fatigued and playing at a high level, and I think they will grow through this process.

“They will find it difficult and they will find it hard physically and mentally, and I think there are a few of them sitting in there not had to concentrate that hard for a very, very long time, and that is all to the good.”

It is exactly why these games are, in the long term, better for our youngsters. They (IMHO) get really competitive stuff now, which will be better for them in terms of quality- and physical education. IMHO, the likes of Barjonas will be even more ready to step straight into the first team in the coming months than ever before - without being the finished article yet, of course.

Edited by der Berliner

Both teams were of a similar age, one of the parents said the Brighton team was U18 - 6 of their team was U18 in English terms, 2 of them would be classed as U19 in Scotland. the other players used were a year older and two U20's. Rangers also fielded 6 U18 players in the staring lineup, as were two of the subs, the others were U19 but included an U21 in Ryan Hardie.

I very much doubt any of their players were regulars in their under 23 side as they played and lost 5-1 to WBA on Monday. Only three of last night's team were involved, Max Sanders and David Ajiboye came on as subs, Issac Hutchinson played the whole game and came on as a sub against Rangers.

The majority of the Brighton team played against Chelsea U18's in February a game they lost 13-0.

Not as surprising as it should sound, given Chelsea sweep up any and all talented youngsters, only to then farm them out - two seasons ago they had over 50 youngsters out on loan.

I see Billy Gilmour scored on his debut for the Chelsea U18's the other day against Arsenal - very tidy finish from the edge of the box, though the keeper was badly positioned.