Rangers sold Barrie McKay to Nottingham Forest on the cheap, says winger's agent

What do you think he was worth? No player playing poorly in Scotland is ever going to be worth much, particularly playing for us.

From the perspective that he was clearly a wanted player by a manager who knew him well and a club in the fairly prosperous English Championship I'd have expected us to take at least double that amount. For all McKay was untested at that level clearly Warburton, Weir and McParland rated him and wanted him so we had a bit more leverage than was being suggested. Plus if Jon Toral is worth £3 million to a Championship club and ex-Motherwell keeper Darren Randolph is worth £5 million then McKay is worth at least £2 million and I think he was a better player than Toral.

From the perspective that he was clearly a wanted player by a manager who knew him well and a club in the fairly prosperous English Championship I'd have expected us to take at least double that amount. For all McKay was untested at that level clearly Warburton, Weir and McParland rated him and wanted him so we had a bit more leverage than was being suggested. Plus if Jon Toral is worth £3 million to a Championship club and ex-Motherwell keeper Darren Randolph is worth £5 million then McKay is worth at least £2 million and I think he was a better player than Toral.

The money players go for between English clubs is completely irrelevant. There's no way a player playing poorly for us would go for £2m.

The money players go for between English clubs is completely irrelevant. There's no way a player playing poorly for us would go for £2m.

Well it's not completely irrelevant, but it's not exactly the same I accept that. That's why I'd have expected him to go for two thirds of Toral's value even though McKay had played twice as many first team games and has international experience unlike Toral.

And certainly not in a buyer's market, which was the state of play which prevailed when he, McKay, was sold.

Edited by Uilleam