Rangers 2 - 1 Ross County: Player Ratings and MotM Poll

I had McCrorie as MOTM after 20 minutes, it was clear we were well off the pace and were back to our inconsistent worst. Wes had two things to do all game, keep out their goal, and catch (or punch to the halfway line) that cross in injury time. He failed with both, would get no more than a 4 from me. His distribution is still slow and inaccurate.

It says a lot that Pena (hooked at half time after a poor display) still managed to get the same mark as Captain Calamity who played the full 90 mins. I think that is about right, with Holt, Candieas and Windass all lucky to have escaped the half time axe. (It was never going to be Miller chopped lets face it)

I thought John had a stinker as well, and Candieas crossing was really poor, rarely hitting the intended target. He doesnt look up before crossing! He gets into good positions for crosses, works hard enough, but really needs to work on his accuracy.

On the face of it, only sheer grit and desire got us the win. I am actually delighted about that because those basic mindset skills have been sadly lacking for far too long, so well done to Murty for ensuring the players came out second half and upped their game a bit. I was happily chanting 3IAR at full time, and left happy at the win. yes we played a lot better against Hamilton and got nothing, but the result always has the final say in how your mood is at the end, so I was a happy frozen bear heading home.

I had McCrorie as MOTM after 20 minutes, it was clear we were well off the pace and were back to our inconsistent worst. Wes had two things to do all game, keep out their goal, and catch (or punch to the halfway line) that cross in injury time. He failed with both, would get no more than a 4 from me. His distribution is still slow and inaccurate.

It says a lot that Pena (hooked at half time after a poor display) still managed to get the same mark as Captain Calamity who played the full 90 mins. I think that is about right, with Holt, Candieas and Windass all lucky to have escaped the half time axe. (It was never going to be Miller chopped lets face it)

I thought John had a stinker as well, and Candieas crossing was really poor, rarely hitting the intended target. He doesnt look up before crossing! He gets into good positions for crosses, works hard enough, but really needs to work on his accuracy.

On the face of it, only sheer grit and desire got us the win. I am actually delighted about that because those basic mindset skills have been sadly lacking for far too long, so well done to Murty for ensuring the players came out second half and upped their game a bit. I was happily chanting 3IAR at full time, and left happy at the win. yes we played a lot better against Hamilton and got nothing, but the result always has the final say in how your mood is at the end, so I was a happy frozen bear heading home.

I'm not sure I'd blame Wes for the goal. It is a header from a position he should be collecting, but I think the defenders should have dealt with it well before.

I agree with the rest... mostly.

After setting reasonable standards in both of the Aberdeen matches, this was a real let down. This may have been our worst performance of the season, but one of the few positives was that we managed to get the elusive 3 in a row, and collected a further 3 points.

Wes - 5. I thought he was poor for the first goal, but he is much more comfortable as a shot stopper than collecting crosses. Nearly conceded a last minute equaliser when he collided with Wilson.

Tavernier - 5. Cross for the winner was the highlight of the game for him. Unusually quiet as an attacking force.

Alves - 6. Should be playing for Sam Allardyce in that every ball played forward is a variation of route 1. However, other than the goal, was never really troubled by a deep lying Ross County.

Wilson - 6. Would have been a 5, but need to bump him up for scoring the winner!

John - 5. We are so lopsided as a team, poor old Declan patrols the entire left hand side by himself. He has done very well for us, and I hope that we make a move to sign him on a permanent basis, but I just feel that we are asking way too much of him.

McCrorie - 8. Man of the Match by a long way. Credit to Murty for moving him into the midfield, where he has been a revelation. His through ball to Windass was a thing of beauty. His run down the wing and crossing on his left foot was probably the highlight. Pity not one team mate attempted to follow his run and provide support. You do wonder how long we can hold onto this young man before the English teams come sniffing around.

Candeias - 5. Don't think the shape of the team suited him. Did well to beat the first man on almost every occasion but the final pass/cross let him down continually.

Pena - 4. Basically non existent. I think he does march to the beat of his own drums but if the rest of the team can't hear the beat, you are as good as a man down.

Holt - 7. Endeavour, great attitude, drive. Thoroughly deserves his place in this current team.

Windass - 5. A square pass to Morelos would have put us 3 - 1 up but he went for the 'Hollywood' goal (and missed). No question that he has ability, but I just get the impression that he thinks he is better than he actually is.

Miller - 4. How bad is his control for a professional footballer? Not sure that he has done anything since Hearts, but can't see him being dropped for the Hibs game. He does bring experience and effort, but by God, it is a struggle to watch at times.

Morelos - 6. Still looked a bit rusty, but certainly knows where the goals are. Good finish.

Barjonas - 6. Appears confident, was looking for the ball and moved it around tidily. Certainly not out of his place and may fit into the 4 4 2 diamond better than Candeias.

Herrera - Difficult to give him a score as I can't remember him even touching the ball.

Edited by Davie P

I'm not sure I'd blame Wes for the goal. It is a header from a position he should be collecting, but I think the defenders should have dealt with it well before.

I agree with the rest... mostly.

Just to be clear, I dont blame him for the goal either, it is just that yet again our opponent has scored from 100% of the on-target attempts. It seems to happen an awful lot.

Just to be clear, I dont blame him for the goal either, it is just that yet again our opponent has scored from 100% of the on-target attempts. It seems to happen an awful lot.

Ah, ok.

Yes, the stats do suggest we concede few shots, but they tend to be 'good' shots, which is just poor. (I know you'll appreciate that... :D )

Edited by Rousseau