McCrorie new deal

McCrorie brothers sign new long-term Rangers contracts

Author

Daryn MacRae

29 December 2017

Twins Ross and Robby McCrorie have agreed new four-and-a-half year deals at Ibrox.

The twin brothers, 19, have extended their stay at Ibrox until at least the summer of 2022.

Ross McCorie has established himself in the Rangers first-team, making 16 appearances since Pedro Caixinha handed the defender his debut in the League Cup win over Partick Thistle.

Caixinha claimed following the 3-1 victory at Firhill the young defender would go on to achieve legendary status for club and country.

Since Graeme Murty's appointment as Rangers manager he has been shifted further forward into a holding midfield role.

While yet to make his debut, goalkeeper Robby trained consistently with the first-team stoppers before moving on loan to Berwick Rangers this season.

The brothers have been regular fixtures for Scotland through the age groups.

Great news - great for our club and i think good for the McCrorie's, too.

I loved Ross since he first wore the blue Shirt, fully committed, allrounded talented, just a very smart footballer and...lbnl...homegrown!

And more to come from the academy as it seems. The future looks bright...

This deal gives a huge indication as to the progress of Robbie. As a GK, it is natural for him to take longer to get near the 1st XI, but his loan to Berwick is exactly the progress he needs and I'd hope a Championship team will take him next term, and a Premiership side after that.

With Foderingham attracting interest, and Jak Alnwick a capable no. 1 in waiting, things look very good for us i this position for a few years to come. Not to mention Liam Kelly and others who've represented their country at youth levels.