New things and Sean Goss report

The first thing I felt when I saw his signing picture, was that he is built like a rake.

Purely based on his lack of strength, as I perceive it, I don't think he will be able to handle the physicality in this league, especially if the majority of his playing time has come at U23 level.

That is exactly why the club loaned Ross McCrorie out on loan the last two seasons, to have him meet the physical demands of playing against men. Worked well in that instance - the difference here is that Ross was one of our own products whereas you have to think this lad was brought in to be part of the first team immediately.

On 04/01/2018 at 18:42, craig said:

That is exactly why the club loaned Ross McCrorie out on loan the last two seasons, to have him meet the physical demands of playing against men. Worked well in that instance - the difference here is that Ross was one of our own products whereas you have to think this lad was brought in to be part of the first team immediately.

There is no doubt that going on loan is massively beneficial to young players hoping to break into the first team. For reasons unknown to anyone other than Murty and Mulholland loans are only deemed suitable for certain lads is beerman, wright,mccrorie, lyo n and thompson. Several other young playershaveasked repeatedly to go on loan and have been told playing in the u20s games programme is better than going on loan. I don't agree  this, I think p!aying with u 20 s is detrimental to the development of the fringe first team youngsters, don't know what murty and mulholland are thinking, as a parent it is extremely worrying

4 hours ago, Blueger said:

There is no doubt that going on loan is massively beneficial to young players hoping to break into the first team. For reasons unknown to anyone other than Murty and Mulholland loans are only deemed suitable for certain lads is beerman, wright,mccrorie, lyo n and thompson. Several other young playershaveasked repeatedly to go on loan and have been told playing in the u20s games programme is better than going on loan. I don't agree  this, I think p!aying with u 20 s is detrimental to the development of the fringe first team youngsters, don't know what murty and mulholland are thinking, as a parent it is extremely worrying

Not all players are physically ready to go on loan to the lower leagues where they are playing against brutes.

You probbly know more than me being a parent of an Academy player (presumably) but I have met Mulholland a few times and he has always come across as knowing what he is doing.