New things and Sean Goss report

Am I really reading some of our fans writing him off already, without kicking a ball for us, because of his car number plate?
Also, there are too many digits in that number plate for it to be legal.

I want the boy to do well and prove us all wrong and I will get behind him 100%, however there is no real benefit to rangers unless this guy is special, which at 22 and struggling to get in to a qpr team that's 17th in their league seems unlikely.

There is no chance we are going to buy him, he recently signed a 3 year deal with qpr and as you say if Holloway rates him there is no way he is coming here

From some of the reaction iv read on twitter, qpr fans look like they are glad to get rid of him, the boy sounds like he needs a boot up the arse.

Dogfighters is what we need just now, the SPFL is as bad as I can remember it, teams turn games in to dog fights fairly regularly if things aren't going there way. This boy by all accounts sounds like he needs time on the ball (which he won't get) and likes to spray about passes.

Listening to the HH podcast with Kevin Thomson, he spoke about that team he was in and his quote was something like they were all footballers but if teams turned it in to a battle, they could match them, in the current team I see very few players like that, maybe Morelos, Mcrorie and Jack.

I just don't think he is what we really need at the minute, there are other areas that require more attention, I would have rather tried to develop Barjonas for 6 months

Am I really reading some of our fans writing him off already, without kicking a ball for us, because of his car number plate?

Hope that's not the case, the boy might be good and as I said above he will get 100% from the fans, I just think other areas need attention and its a pretty underwhelming signing, if we are getting rid of folk then fair do's but it seems pretty mediocre

I'm not so sure its a case of writing him off because of his car number plate - although that does trigger some warning signs!

For me its more about our track record with signing misfits, unfits and unproven talents - be it via loan or otherwise.

Sadly its a sign of where we are in terms of the economics of football.

I owned up to being extremely unfair but if you look at the pictures of him, you begin to understand why, well into his 23rd year, he has never completed 90 minutes of a first team football match.

Former Scotland international Jamie Mackie.

Mackie told SunSport: “I don’t think Gossy even had to think about it when the call came.“When he was told Rangers had come in, it was a case of ‘Get the car started, let’s go’. I don’t think he could fill the car up with petrol quickly enough.

“The only thing I said to him was he should take a good look at the sun before he goes because he’s not going to see much of it up there.“No, I’m so pleased for him because it’s an amazing move for him.“Gossy sees it as a big responsibility and a real honour to play for a club like Rangers.

“I’ve had other friends who have been there and done it. Clint Hill is one of my mates along with Joey Barton and they both have nothing but good things to say about that club, even though things didn’t work out for Joey.

“Gossy asked me to speak to Clint about the move and he gave me good advice to pass on. “He talked about the mental demands as much as the physical demands and how he had to make sure he was up for it, but what an opportunity at an amazing football club.

“To be honest, it was all things Gossy already knew. “I’m now looking forward to coming up and seeing him play. I was planning to go to an Old Firm game when Clint was at the club, but one of our matches clashed and I couldn’t go. Hopefully I’m able to go to the next one.

“It’s a fantastic move for him. He’s joining a massive club and it can only be good for his development playing at Ibrox in front of 50,000 supporters every other week. “I know he has the experience of being with an amazing club like Manchester United from earlier in his career.

“But at Rangers he’s going to be in the first-team environment, so it’s a great opportunity for him. “Opportunities like this don’t come around every day.

“I know our club think so highly of Gossy. All the players down here think the world of him too. “We all hope he does great up there and I’m confident he will.”

But Mackie was more impressed when the midfielder decided to LEAVE Old Trafford just two years later.

The QPR attacker — recovering in hospital after back surgery — added: “I know Nicky Butt spoke highly of him when he coached him at Man United, so that says everything, doesn’t it?

“For me it tells a lot about Sean’s character that he took the decision to leave Old Trafford. “He could have stayed there, but he went in search of first-team football, like he’s doing now. “His problem at our club is that we have a very settled midfield. In an up and down season they’ve been the highlight for us, so it’s been hard for Sean and one or two others to break into the team.

But it shows what our manager thinks of him that he’ll only loan him out.

“I know the club thinks he’s got a big future here, that’s why they bought him in the first place. “They see real potential in him and I’m sure he’ll fulfil that.

“Although his best position is in midfield as a holding player, he can also play in central defence. That’s because of where he’s been brought up, he’s been taught how to play football in a very positive way.

“Throughout his development he was surrounded by top pros. He also knows the ethos of what’s expected at a massive club, so that’ll stand him in good stead at Rangers. “Listen, you never know how someone is going to react, but I really believe once he settles in at Rangers it’ll be a great fit.

“I don’t like making references to other players and building him up, but Gossy is a defensive midfield player with a fantastic range of passing. “When you get brought up at Man United you’re going to be very good technically, aren’t you?

“It’s hard to pinpoint him like another player, but at Manchester United they likened him to a younger Michael Carrick. “Gossy gets on the ball and tries to dictate the play.

“He’s obviously been brought up at a phenomenal place like Manchester United, so technically he’s very good. “He’s also very hungry to play games. Gossy really wants to learn and get better.

“But what stands out is his technical ability and he just needs a run of games to show everybody what he can do.

He's got a few months to prove himself up here, he's also in good company of other young men making an impression to further their careers at Rangers. McCrorie and John just signed new deals, as has Bates, then there is Barjonas making an impression to, so the opportunity is there he just needs to grab with both hands and do the business on the pitch.