Now over 30 first team players...

One or two negative posters aside, I don't think we can really argue with the players brought in this window and Murty must be really happy with the depth of his squad.  Injuries notwithstanding he image below nicely shows the options at his disposal.

However, it also shows that we really need to move players on before the window closes. 

DUdPw8wWAAEPsCP.jpg

8 minutes ago, Blueger said:

Good work Frankie, your diagram illustrates very clearly the need to move on most of the middle section, in particular Dalcio, Dodoo and Herrera.

An issue that worries me is that is that we now have 3 or 4 players on loan who will most likely play every week (starting or from bench). If we don't keep them then it's more hard work needed in the summer.

1 minute ago, Frankie said:

An issue that worries me is that is that we now have 3 or 4 players on loan who will most likely play every week (starting or from bench). If we don't keep them then it's more hard work needed in the summer.

We have options to buy with a couple of them right?

3 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

We have options to buy with a couple of them right?

I think we do with Murphy and Cummings.  I also assume Martin will be signed if he does the business.  I don't think QPR want to sell Goss.

Let's hope all four do well as that will certainly make the summer a lot easier.

Really good post Frankie.  I fully expect us to sign the three of them, as I believe we have the right (but not the obligation) to buy them.  Goss is however different and I think we've already seen why.  Even if they are willi g to sell him, can we afford him?  He's good enough to play for any of the top championship sides and they can all afford much more than we can.  That's one I'd love us to secure though because he could be a real class player for us.

As for moving players on, I think Mark Allen and the team are going to have some work to do.  Wilson, Miller, Dalcio and Nico will all leave in the summer anyway (I hope), and I think I'd keep Halliday.  However, Wallace (sorry to include him here), Dodoo, Herrera, Hodson and MOH need to be moved on.  Possibly Cardoso too, because if we bring in another centreback in the summer (which I fully expect), I can't see him getting much game time either.

The good thing for us now is that we have a good first eleven at last.  From now on I expect we will have fewer incoming players because we are surely only going to replace those key players that are bought by other clubs (possibly Fod, Tav and Morelos), or bring in those one or two players of class to help us step up a level.  For me, the days of 6,7,8 new players should not be so necessary.  We have a very young squad now so that should help with the longevity of the squad too.  For the first time in a long long time, the future is bright.

If you look at the actual squad, we have about 2 players for every position, with CH and CM well covered. Three strikers (I don't count Miller) aren't too much, as we won't play one up front for the rest of the season and sure need cover. Given that we don't throw millions after them like in days gone by, we shouldn't be all too concerned.

That said, I do reckon that some folk will be loaned out again.