Hardie has never been given a fair chance and yes as Der Berliner says he will probably fall into the we'll never know category.

For one though I feel if he was good enough Murty would have given him a chance in cup games and not sent him out on loan. Is it not 5 managers who have not given him the chance now, Maybe because of his build? looks lightweight. Scottish Championship is where he will stay I reckon. Would have liked to see him push on at Rangers too.

55 minutes ago, PierreFanFan said:

Hardie has never been given a fair chance and yes as Der Berliner says he will probably fall into the we'll never know category.

For one though I feel if he was good enough Murty would have given him a chance in cup games and not sent him out on loan. Is it not 5 managers who have not given him the chance now, Maybe because of his build? looks lightweight. Scottish Championship is where he will stay I reckon. Would have liked to see him push on at Rangers too.

True, however I would like to give the guy a decent run out in the 1st team to see what he has got! if he is to move out before getting that chance would be a bit of a gamble!.

6 minutes ago, Volbeater said:

Would just like to see this young man get a run out with us. Seems like a real poacher! 

I think that is the problem with him in modern football. Being a poacher is not enough. It has to be 11 players fighting for every inch.

6 minutes ago, Volbeater said:

I hear u Pete. He’s only 20 and like a greyhound. Everyone’s into the “modern footballer” but he hasn’t had the chance. Scores for fun wherever he goes. I think the kid is just instinctive. 

You are right he should get a chance but I fear it is the wrong side of theseason for him and we have3 strikers in blood form.

How do we find out how good he could be if he doesn’t get the opportunity? He could be a gem. I know we have the Alvie and JC in the fold and the team are doing well, but I wouldn’t let him go right now. The loans are working out, but he has got to be better than Herrera. 

I would like to see Hardie given a spell in the side but it's hard when we largely only play one up front.  As it stands we have Morelos, Cummings, Miller and Herrera in front of Hardie so it's no surprise he's away on loan again.  Even Dodoo and MOH may be preferred over him.

If Morelos was to leave over the next week, I'm not even sure Hardie would be recalled.

I think what I'd be looking to do is extend his contract with the proviso he can go somewhere on a longer term loan deal to really get the best out of the lad.  But , quite rightly, Hardie himself may not fancy that.