Everton v Manchester City

City destroyed Everton in under forty minutes with breathtaking football which drew admiring gasps from Evertonians in the stands. Sublime.

They then retained possession with countless passes the length and breadth of the park for the rest of the game without seriously attempting to score. Christ, it was boring.

A less polished spectacle, blood and guts, up and at ‘em, get wired in, thrills and spills would have been much more exciting but I am a dinosaur struggling in an age of sophistication. I didn’t suppose City fans could care less.

The first two goals were two of the best I've seen this season.  Hopefully City thump United next week to wrap up the league title (my interest in English football has waned in the last few years but I still can't stand that team from Stretford).

Carlisle Utd v City in about '83 (old 2nd division) was the first game I ever attended.  I took a liking to City because of the red and black shirts (blame The Beano and Dennis the Menace and Roger the Dodger's jumpers!).

Strangely, the more successful they become, the less interested I am.  

Edited by Gonzo79

10 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

My dislike of Manchester goes back to ridiculous treatment of our fans at EUFA cup final,will never forgive that city.

Police everywhere are like that.  And some of our fans didn't exactly cover themselves in glory that day.

I understand that but am suspicious of the "alleged failure" of the transmission at the biggest area in Picadilly Square,I viewed it on the large screens in another area.Still I suppose the riot cops in hiding down the side streets had to get their adrenaline fix and earn their money