Lennon to Leave at Last?

cant believe the comment that has been left on the site there. I think the article pretty much spot on. but did rangers fans have a problem with him playing for a country? i very much doubt it. Personally i have issues with aiden mcgeady playing for ROI over scotland, but as a scot i think im entitled to that opinion, but the religion of a player for another country...?

I dont know the whole truth of his International career as I never followed it, but i think our wee visitor has probably highlighted another great example of the media promoting the 'poor wee neily' mentality.

Maybe an Ulster-Bear could elaborate?

If people want to see REAL sectarianism in football, have a look at the isreali league. in scotland its a dying trend stirred by the media to be bigger than it actually is. sadly anything that is anti-celtic from us is deemed sectarian these days...

speaking to a celtic fan today who argued (succesfully i think) that nl had actually had a rough time from the tabloids.

while he agreed that some issues over reported (death threat), and some under reported (spitting on scarf etc) - usually related to the bigotry issue - and that the media had vastly overplayed celtic fans reaction to neil lennon - booing etc.

Having just read the article, i don't really think posting such articles on a Rangers site really paints us in a great light! (sorry!)

Whilst a lot of what is said is very very true, it kinda paints us in the same old paranoid scene as your average Celtic fan

Neil Lennon is leaving ... big deal ... good riddance ... that's all i have to say on it, and that's how i'd prefer the Gers fans to approach it!

Sorry FJ, but I disagree for all the reasons in the article.

While our fellow fans are being removed from the ground for inoffensive banners, ob vious bigots like Lennon are welcomed to come and play for Celtic.

His behaviour ver the years is a disgrace yet you wouldn't have though it from the media coverage of the last 2 days. Nothing wrong with an alternative viewpoint. Certainly not paranoid either when it's based on facts.

Hey, i don't like the guy either, i just feel that if we wish to make a stance against a lot of the things you mention, then great, but let's not go OTT over an average insignificant person such as Lennon leaving .... after all, he justs represents what is a greater problem with Celtic (and the Scottish press, etc)

If our fans are being chucked out unfairly over banners (and i personally DON'T include the political ones in that group!) then it is OUR club they need to have a go at, not a celtic midfielder ... let's not shift the blame here!

I don't think we went overboard - it was a quick article highlighting the double standards of the media and of Celtic to the sectarian problem.

That is extremely relevant to the Rangers support given we're the only ones currently being punished and victimised over the subject.