5 minutes ago, compo said:

An interesting wee bit in tonight's paper by Weir were he says him and Warbourton were successful at Ibrox I must have been snoozing that day .

'A game of two halves'

They made an excellent start and up to the Cup semi-final two years ago were flying.

Post semi-final, we didn't win another game all season (2 draws and 3 defeats) and nothing was quite the same again wrt MW. 

Must just be me but what I picked up was that he wanted us to beat celtic on Sunday. The rest is just journalistic interpretation with words such as ‘vehement’ thrown in. 

Whatever ones view of Weir may be he strikes me as a balanced sort but a journo prefers words such as ‘vehement’ when Weir may have been steadfast. Journos. 

What to a journo is ‘clear as mud’ is really to other people ‘confidential non-disclosure’. 

And yes the departure was ‘acrimonious’ in the journos words but I can easily interpret that as both sides could have done better and that is a source of regret. Big deal - it’s happened to us all. The question is do we learn and move on and avoid recurrence of the same mistakes. 

Non story imo. 

Edited by Walterbear

4 hours ago, Unicorn said:

I appreciate what he did for us as a player.  

The glee with which ex-players are vilified and become figures of ridicule, abuse and character assassination which goes on regularly on other forums I find really distasteful.

It was not my intention to prompt any of the above.

Since Davie left Ibrox in 2011 I have watched his career quite closely thinking that he could've been future manager material. His time at Bramall Lane was brief and brief for a reason. Some of the stuff he came away with when he was our assistant manager was as laughable as it was ludicrous. Anyone remember his sermon about how narrow minded Scots judge players and managers after one game - 'how it works up here' - and his spiel about how Rob Kiernan had the potential to be a Champions League defender?

Surely he is savvy enough to know that what he says will be twisted by any unscrupulous hack. Which begs the question - why come away with stuff about the job being a hotseat in a vain attempt to cover his and his pal's arses when they couldn't measure up? Sounds like sour grapes to me and you wouldn't catch Richard Gough or dare I say it someone like Graham Roberts who was unceremoniously jettisoned, using language which could be twisted in order to damage the club.

That said, maybe he is as naive as his defensive coaching at Sheffield Utd, Nottingham Forest and Rangers would suggest.

Edited by Soulsonic5791