Steven Gerrard backs Josh Windass to respond to Ibrox jeers

On 18/07/2018 at 11:25, Bill said:

Many of those using the "Windass posted missing" mantra are simply following a comfortably familiar path. It can be hard to admit you were wrong about someone. Windass has clearly responded to Gerrard's leadership and was one of our more committed and effective players on Tuesday. I just wish we would make room for him in a more central position - it's inconceivable he wouldn't be a more effective striker than Morelos, who has contributed almost nothing since last Xmas but continues to have excuses heaped upon him.  

Nah, people are criticising a lower league English level player who shouldn't be here. Players like Windass are not what we need to challenge the tims, and such players will cause us embarrassment soon in Europe. 

1 hour ago, Ser Barristan Selmy said:

My response made perfect sense based on what he said. I'm glad you're paying such close attention to my posts though. 

Nah, your response made zero sense. Glad you continue to deflect and deny even when proven to be wrong.

3 minutes ago, Ser Barristan Selmy said:

Nope, you're wrong. Cheers.

Nah, the opposite actually.  I could explain why but I suspect you already know and just have an unwillingness to accept when you are wrong, and worse when called out on it.

On ‎17‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 09:15, Ser Barristan Selmy said:

Nobody in England is going to splash the cash on a guy who goes completely missing in at least half the games he plays in one of the worst leagues in European football. 

On ‎17‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 10:19, Darthter said:

but they appear more than happy to shell out millions on a player who struggles to get into the 1st team @ Ceptic....

I think most teams would look at the benefits that a player like Windass DOES bring, rather than be put off by Gers fans perceptions of what he doesn't bring.....

On ‎17‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 13:15, Ser Barristan Selmy said:

Armstrong is miles better than Windass. 

As I said before, you are 100% wrong.  Now, you can try to twist the assertions you made all you like..... but your last assertion about Armstrong being better than Windass is, as was said before, completely irrelevant to the first assertion you made.

1.  Nobody in England

2.  Splash the cash

3.  On a guy who goes missing in at least half the games

4.  In one of Europe's worst leagues

The response was that someone just did that on Armstrong

1.  He went to an English side

2.  They splashed the cash

3.  On a guy that cant get a game for Celtic - which is even worse than going missing when playing

4.  In the exact same league

Your assertion that Armstrong is better is a complete red herring and completely irrelevant to what you initially posted.

You are welcome.  You are 100% wrong.  No matter how you subsequently try to spin doctor what you initially said.

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

Will Gerrard give Windass a wee elbow in the face before KO in Croatia?  

?

Hopefully, as he was markedly more "up for it" after that incident on Tuesday.

2 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Will Gerrard give Windass a wee elbow in the face before KO in Croatia?  

?

I hope so; he looked fired up afterwards.

I'm sure there's many a fan who would step in to provide such a service... :ninja: