PRESS CONFERENCE | Steven Gerrard | 24 Aug 2018

2 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Disappointing, considering the three matches coming up.  Although Jack is playing well and Ejaria seems to be improving all the time.

1 hour ago, buster. said:

Relieved to see him in training gear again.

Maybe he will make the 2nd of September.

Personally I think it would be a big bonus to have Coulibaly starting ahead of Ejaria there. The main priority there is to keep a clean sheet and Coulibaly's ability to win the ball back would be huge for us. It's no slight on Ejaria but old firm games are often battles and the more aggressive team often comes out on top.

Edited by DMAA

11 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Personally I think it would be a big bonus to have Coulibaly starting ahead of Ejaria there. The main priority there is to keep a clean sheet and Coulibaly's ability to win the ball back would be huge for us. It's no slight on Ejaria but old firm games are often battles and the more aggressive team often comes out on top.

Yes................If everyone is fit for 2nd Sept., it'll be Jack, Coulibaly and Arfield in the middle.

Subject to a 'curveball' arriving in what is left of the transfer window.

1 minute ago, buster. said:

it'll be Jack, Coulibaly and Arfield in the middle

I love that centre midfield combination. All ball winners, something we missed so badly last season. And then you've got Rossiter and McCrorie on the bench. So much aggression and grit in this team now it's brilliant.

21 hours ago, pete said:

I could have wrote that as it was my thoughts exactly.

Not quite sure where you got the 'wide boy' image from. Don't think you get over 100 caps for England with that attitude. What will be interesting though is to compare SG with his mate Frank Lampard at Derby. Similar age, similar status, both taking on their first job at big clubs. Lampard not made such an impressive start.